Betting Talk

MLB floor and ceiling question.

homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
edited April 2014 in Sports Betting
Will try my best to make the following query make sense. Please keep in mind there are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions and smart people that have to suffer them.

Movement on the NYY/Bal game got me thinking on this. Do floors and ceilings exists in MLB in relation to line moves? In my mind, simple as it is, there has to be a point when a game goes from -150 to -135 as yanks did today where the book's position becomes over exposed. I could be wrong, won't be the first or last time. Anyway, one of the other books I use, the one with a daily off market number or 2 closed at 143/133. Only viable reasons I could think were matching the WA market would create exposure and/or their policies discourage sharp action (limits, 15 or 20 cent lines).

All input welcomed and appreciated, even the ones that ask for clarification.

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I think you are over thinking this. If some small shop or PPH closed off market, it's probably because the $2.50/hr costa rican in charge was taking a shit.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Holy fuck that made me giggle school girl style!!

I realize I left out the part where my specific question concerned profit erosion for books due to the a certain percentage of the market that lives on arbs, but that number is prob extremely small compared to the overall market and certainly excludes the bottom feeders like me pocketing $1.58 on their arbs.