Betting Talk

Kentucky derby seating question

minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
edited April 2014 in Sports Betting
Need some help here guys. Last year we went to the derby and had a great time. We had grandstand seats which were fine.

Now a few of us would like to go into the infield. We have grandstand seats again.

Will they let us go back and forth between the infield and our grandstand seats?

Comments

• LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    the last time i was there cpl yrs ago you could move freely, yes.
  • hundohundo Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes, you can go back and forth. Have fun.
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks guys! We have rented a house in the highlands area of Louisville, oaks on Friday and derby on Saturday.

4th street bars and Jim porters place on Thursday and Friday nights.

Rehab on Sunday!!

Thanks guys!
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    4th Street Live is always an awesome time, especially during Derby weekend. Enjoy, jealous I can't make it this year.
  • adrianmeinhadrianmeinh Member
    edited April 2014
    the horse that won at santa anita this weekend is a monster and her trainer is patient and capable... if you can stay out of traffic on this horse you should win, hes all over my trifecta tix and i usually hit it for under a 50 buck investment...

, will post the plays im making because you are some nice people here

if you are interseted
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Adrian, Oh no you play horses too.. J/K :thumbup1:
  • adrianmeinhadrianmeinh Member
    edited April 2014
    i only play breeders cup and the other ones with inflated pools of cash from the geniuses in the crowd that can barely read a program and I try to occaisionally handicap the season at Saratoga... Anytime there is alot of cash in the pools and a lot of rich egos i find that there are some plays that
    smack you in the face,
    like UCONN smacked me last night...
    boy was that a sweet sweet line...
    almost free money...

i don't often put a whole olot of cash down
    im more of a reader and a compiler of good and bad theory....

id rather play poker than depend on humans to react in a predictable way...

and the NFL.. geez louise...

that's my downfall.....
    edited April 2014
    I agree 100% Saratoga is a great meet, with big pools and great value with all those soap opera people betting.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    I agree 100% Saratoga is a great meet, with big pools and great value with all those soap opera people betting.

Saratoga is in my neck of the woods. If you get the chance to go some time, do it. Big crowds, hot women in sun dresses, and money to be made. I've done it in a shirt and tie in the clubhouse or with some buddies and the ladies, with coolers, outside the grandstand area near the paddock. It's really good.
    edited April 2014
    I'll try to make it up. I usually go every year for a week or 2. I will let you know EB
    edited April 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    I'll try to make it up. I usually go every year for a week or 2. I will let you know EB

Let me know. That would be great.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited April 2014
    ebemiss wrote: »
    Saratoga is in my neck of the woods. If you get the chance to go some time, do it. Big crowds, hot women in sun dresses, and money to be made. I've done it in a shirt and tie in the clubhouse or with some buddies and the ladies, with coolers, outside the grandstand area near the paddock. It's really good.

I grew up going to Saratoga multiple times each summer. There aren't many places quite like it. I don't make it back up there quite as much now that I'm a little further away, but I am planning on swinging up there for a day or two this summer. Right next to my computer here in my basement, I've got an autographed picture of myself and Harvey Pack from the summer of 94, some great memories up there.
    edited April 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    I grew up going to Saratoga multiple times each summer. There aren't many places quite like it. I don't make it back up there quite as much now that I'm a little further away, but I am planning on swinging up there for a day or two this summer. Right next to my computer here in my basement, I've got an autographed picture of myself and Harvey Pack from the summer of 94, some great memories up there.

I started going around 1990. You do see some "celebrities" up there. (Sports personalities and entertainment) I ran into Bobby Flay from the food network last year next to where we were partying. If you take the time to walk the grounds you'll see all sorts of people.

Bill Parcells has a place nearby and hangs out at Saratoga National Golf for the summer. Friends and I played 18 and sat in the club house hanging out for a bit with Parcells. Good dude. I like it because everyone tries to act normal for the most part. There's so much activity going on that even famous people go unrecognized. Most people just want to play the races and take in the atmosphere and don't bother others. For the most part I could give two shits but it seems like I always recognize someone or end up talking to someone during the course of the day.

I caught a couple days, last year, where the fields were full and they had a big card. That's not always the case anymore with horse racing. There are some bad days with 5-6 horse fields and a bunch of 2 yr old races where you'd be better off playing a scratch off than trying to handicap the unknown.

I've been to Belmont, Aqueduct, Finger Lakes, a couple places in Florida as well as Hollywood and Santa Anita in CA. Saratoga just has an old school vibe to it. I'll eventually make it to Churchill and to the Preakness and I'm sure that will be just as good. Looking forward to the Kentucky Derby next month.