Betting Talk

Money Talks is an absolute farce

elwayisgodelwayisgod Senior Member
edited May 2014 in Sports Betting
Holy Moly,

First off I have been doing this for 20yrs and have heard of every service out there probably :) . Never have I heard of Steve Stevens. Turns out he's really a felon named Darin Notaro anyways. I watched a few shows and what a complete joke. Dude takes 50% commission on winning plays? Player is stuck with losing plays. Who in their right mind would pay that kind of commission let alone not net it with losers? If his clients place all their bets at LVH for big $, they are getting a 1099 at end of year too. So if they hit 60% of his plays, which we know he doesn't, on 100K(To Win) in bets they would win 60K and lose 44K. Player would have to pay Notaro 30K of the 60K so they win 30K and lose 44K. 14K loss. In order to break even one would have to hit around 66.5% of their plays to break even.

People, please don't tell me anyone has fallen for this crap :thumbup1:

Sorry for rant, but it's a total sham.

Comments

• DeadMoneyDeadMoney Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    No way, he is the best capper in the biz
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    It's reality TV, so it's pretty much all staged. Great publicity for Stevens. My guess is he reels in clients by offering discounts over the advertised 50% TV show prices. In the most recent episode the client was smart enough to not take his advice and buy off the 7, but dumb enough to pay his 50% commission? No chance. Like I said, reality TV, all staged, next to no truth. BTW, I read on another board that Stevens was on Florida today. I wonder if that pick will be on a future episode.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    It's reality TV, so it's pretty much all staged. Great publicity for Stevens. My guess is he reels in clients by offering discounts over the advertised 50% TV show prices. In the most recent episode the client was smart enough to not take his advice and buy off the 7, but dumb enough to pay his 50% commission? No chance. Like I said, reality TV, all staged, next to no truth. BTW, I read on another board that Stevens was on Florida today. I wonder if that pick will be on a future episode.

I watch it because I know that people will bring it up in conversation and I want to be able to criticize it intelligently/defend the sports trading industry. It's so hard to watch. I tape it and force it down my throat once a week while doing cardio. It's an absolute abomination.

They really need to more accurately describe the show, which is a boiler room operation. If they were honest about that, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But the fact that they try to portray "Steve Stevens" as some type of big time sports betting advisor is misleading and unethical. It casts the industry in a bad light at a time that is pretty damn critical with NJ's case seeking writ of certiori from the Supreme Court and with this new Coalition Against Online Gaming trying to pass legislation. You'd think such elevated figures in our nation's legislature and judiciary would not be so naive as to be influenced by such garbage, BUT I'm afraid you'd be wrong...
  • DavidPurdumDavidPurdum Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    blackbull wrote: »
    I watch it because I know that people will bring it up in conversation and I want to be able to criticize it intelligently/defend the sports trading industry. It's so hard to watch. I tape it and force it down my throat once a week while doing cardio. It's an absolute abomination.

They really need to more accurately describe the show, which is a boiler room operation. If they were honest about that, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But the fact that they try to portray "Steve Stevens" as some type of big time sports betting advisor is misleading and unethical. It casts the industry in a bad light at a time that is pretty damn critical with NJ's case seeking writ of certiori from the Supreme Court and with this new Coalition Against Online Gaming trying to pass legislation. You'd think such elevated figures in our nation's legislature and judiciary would not be so naive as to be influenced by such garbage, BUT I'm afraid you'd be wrong...

Good post. Totally agree. The show only feeds the negative stereotypes of sports betting. The lack of transparency by CNBC is really sad. I mean, even Stevens' "clients" are not real; they're paid actors from other reality shows.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Flipping channels last night and came across this, the only part I could relate to was Treasure's and the blank uninterested look the girls had on their faces....along with Mordechi getting a plug for The Jewelers, I'd say it was entertaining but it was more sad than anything else like others have mentioned, it's just another poor mockery of an attempt to illustrate Vegas and the industry IMO....however, it did bring back the memory of the DEN/SD game with Manning's ankle injury.
  • LatchdogLatchdog Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm waiting for the all knowing Barack Obama to sound from the mount of d.c. before being p. incorrect....:peace:
  • dimeshortydimeshorty Member
    edited May 2014
    This show to me was absolutely hilarious and exceptional comic relief:

Pirelli "we're gonna buy that half point" pretty much regardless and the Pirelli Lounge. His GF is smoking.

Steve MJ Stevens "absolute blowout winner" has never taken an underdog of more than +1. And his rhetorical questions and self-answers

Paula is pretty good for 40

Lee Pappas. Mr B. , Joelllll, The British clown and the sports betting prada, gucci girl

It's laugh out loud funny.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    dimeshorty wrote: »
    This show to me was absolutely hilarious and exceptional comic relief:

Pirelli "we're gonna buy that half point" pretty much regardless and the Pirelli Lounge. His GF is smoking.

Steve MJ Stevens "absolute blowout winner" has never taken an underdog of more than +1. And his rhetorical questions and self-answers

Paula is pretty good for 40

Lee Pappas. Mr B. , Joelllll, The British clown and the sports betting prada, gucci girl

It's laugh out loud funny.

It's is my guilty pleasure in comedy.. My wife keeps on asking me why I watch it, cause I do is laugh at how stupid it is and all the bullshit he does on the show.

Then I will ask her, why did you watch Jersey shore...lolll
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    It would be funny to me if it didn't effectively take our worst specimens and make them the face of our industry at such an important time legislatively and judicially. You think our nation's decision makers are going to be thinking about our legitimate traders (i.e. guys like RAS, BG, StevieY, etc.) OR do you think they are going to be thinking about this clown "Steve Stevens" when they are engaged in related legislation. Just like the masses, they have negative thoughts drilled into them by what is portrayed on the t.v. It's a very dangerous show for any American who does or wants to make a legitimate living in the sports gaming marketplace. I guess I'm different because having to spend time away from my friends and family because our nation can't embrace the very principles of liberty that it was founded upon pisses me off; ALOT!
  • dimeshortydimeshorty Member
    edited May 2014
    blackbull wrote: »
    It would be funny to me if it didn't effectively take our worst specimens and make them the face of our industry at such an important time legislatively and judicially. You think our nation's decision makers are going to be thinking about our legitimate traders (i.e. guys like RAS, BG, StevieY, etc.) OR do you think they are going to be thinking about this clown "Steve Stevens" when they are engaged in related legislation. Just like the masses, they have negative thoughts drilled into them by what is portrayed on the t.v. It's a very dangerous show for any American who does or wants to make a legitimate living in the sports gaming marketplace. I guess I'm different because having to spend time away from my friends and family because our nation can't embrace the very principles of liberty that it was founded upon pisses me off; ALOT!

Bigger picture, would have to agree completely. My comments were coming from my, or our, perspective just watching the show as a guilty pleasure.

It is a very critical time in legislation the next 5-10 years could see some major progress in the industry. Here's hoping Steve Stevens is not the face of that movement.