Betting Talk

SweetJones55 NBA Play March 12

sweetjones55sweetjones55 Senior Member
edited March 2014 in Sports Betting
Memphis Grizzlies -3.5 (x1)

Will post short writeup with thoughts later today...

Comments

• sweetjones55sweetjones55 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Memphis Grizzlies -3.5 (x1)

I think the Pelicans are over-valued here for two reasons. #1 reason is that they have won 3 straight games. I don't really give them credit for any of the wins as they beat 3 below .500 teams with nothing to play for in the Lakers, Bucks and Nuggets. The best win of the bunch was the Nuggets and that really took a miracle as they were down 16 in the 4Q and forced OT to win. I think the 2nd reason the Pelicans are overvalued is the fact that they are 3-0 vs the Grizzlies this year. Zach Randolph did not play in one of the games due to the birth of his child. Marc Gasol did not play in one either due to injury. Tony Allen also missed the last meeting. Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson both played in two games vs Memphis but will not be playing tonight. I think this is the best version of the Grizzlies that New Orleans will have seen all year. Randolph, Gasol and Conley are at 100%. Courtney Lee was picked up in January, did not play in 1st two games vs N.O, and he has been great for Memphis. Tony Allen has accepted his bench role and has been playing great. Memphis bench over the last 10 games is ranked #1 in the NBA. Situationally, the Grizzlies are in a good spot. They are on back to back and since 2010, they are the best team on back to back against the spread going 48-25 (66%). Normally I wouldn't look that far back but this Memphis team has not changed much so I think it's statistically significant. Every game for the rest of the year is somewhat of a must win for Memphis as they are currently the 8 seed in the West and the Phoenix Suns are just 1 game back of them. The Pelicans are coming off a big come from behind OT win. They are out of the playoffs hunt and have nothing to play for. I don't see them being nearly as motivated for tonights matchup. 3 straight losses to the Pelicans this year should also subside any fear of the Grizzlies overlooking the Pelicans.

Betting Talk NBA Record: 4-1 (80%)
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Posting rule #7. Unless you are a paid site sponsor, do not refer to any past picks or post any records of picks that were not originally posted on the BettingTalk forum before the outcome was determined. This includes any picks given out in the chat room.

Thanks for understanding.
  • sweetjones55sweetjones55 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Posting rule #7. Unless you are a paid site sponsor, do not refer to any past picks or post any records of picks that were not originally posted on the BettingTalk forum before the outcome was determined. This includes any picks given out in the chat room.

Thanks for understanding.

No problem..