Betting Talk

Political Futures. Teach me how to make money

homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
edited December 2014 in Sports Betting
Having been burned by own stupidity and bias on the potus election it is time I shift my focus from predicting outcomes to solely making money on the obvious.

1. Dems are going to get shit canned in mid terms again this year. How do I make money on it? None of my books has political futures yet.

2. What is max price you would lay for Clinton to be dem candidate in 2016, -1000? -1500?

3. Does the aforementioned shit canning change your opinion on #2?

4. Will I have Nate Silver to show me the winner of 2016 this time around since I was so fucking stupid to not follow his dead on predictions?

I have zero interest in political debate, and the senseless, pointless drivel that it produces. I have a strong interest in making money on foregone conclusions. There will be an ass whooping midterms. Anyone challenge Hillary will get destroyed.

Where I can find these futures?
What is my best course of action to ferret out value?

Comments

• KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Having been burned by own stupidity and bias

:laugh:
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Kashmir wrote: »
    :laugh:

That proves useless.

My brain is mush. Does anyone know that legal site where you buy futures or whatever and then after the event you win or lose. It is like legalized gambling. You buy shares maybe. That sound familiar at all? Beefcake will know it right off.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I believe intrade is the website you are looking for, though I have no experience with it.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Intrade closed.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Do you really believe that someone is gonna give this info free/gratis? You expect to turn your "on the arm" politically savy info into a windfall and say "thank you". There must be 'consideration' for the donor. Your $10 tuition here doesn't cover that.
    edited March 2014
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    I believe intrade is the website you are looking for, though I have no experience with it.

Yes, that is it. Thanks dtrain!
    edited March 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Intrade closed.

Shit! So where do you play your political futures at Durito, legal or otherwise?
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Times like this I wish I lived in Canada or Europe, as some of those sites have odds on political futures. Could care less if Groucho Marx or Otis from Andy Griffith is president. What I do care about is whether Otis is + EV
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Shit! So where do you play your political futures at Durito, legal or otherwise?

I wouldn't imagine there'd be much offerings before next presidential election.
    edited December 2014
    i would like to thank obama for being obama (reps sure as hell didn't ever say what they were for, just against)

i would also like to thank the media for continually skewing polls and reporting on said polls (538 dot com for that story) that helped supply some downward pressure on prices.

Win 8 Team Parlay
    Win 11/4/14 6:00am Politics Other Sports 10002 Dan Sullivan (R) wins AK election -540* vs Mark Begich (D) wins AK election
    Win 11/4/14 6:00am Politics Other Sports 10004 Tom Cotton (R) wins AR election -520* vs Mark Pryor (D) wins AR election
    Win 11/4/14 6:00am Politics Other Sports 10006 Cory Gardner (R) wins CO election -245* vs Mark Udall (D) wins CO election
    Win 11/4/14 6:00am Politics Other Sports 10010 David Perdue (R) wins GA election -190* vs Michelle Nunn (D) wins GA election
    Win 11/4/14 6:00am Politics Other Sports 10012 Joni Ernst (R) wins IA election -210* vs Bruce Braley (D) wins IA election
    Win 11/4/14 6:00am Politics Other Sports 10016 Pat Roberts (R) wins KS election -170* vs Greg Orman (I) wins KS election
    Win 11/4/14 6:00am Politics Other Sports 10018 Mitch McConnell (R) wins KY election -460* vs Alison Lundergan G (D) wins KY election
    Win 11/4/14 6:00am Politics Other Sports 10020 Bill Cassidy (R) wins LA election -430* vs Mary Landrieu (D) wins LA election

placed a fuckton of RR 8 teamers and hit them all. easily. none of them even close.

great fucking day when you add more than 20% to your BR!!!!

bring on potus election when the dems will pull out a miracle win