Betting Talk

How do you guys play RAS free picks?

jmjm Senior Member
edited March 2014 in Sports Betting
Just curious how you guys play the RAS free picks? I subscribed through email for thread updates, but i'm rarely able to get the number.

Am I missing something besides just hanging out on the thread and clicking refresh every 30 seconds between 8am-4pm?

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    If you miss the number check halftime or see if it comes back. Nothing much more you can do.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited March 2014
    My personal experience - the release number is almost impossible, others I hear do get it. Totals I am not sure anyone gets but don't know.
    I wait til game time and see if it comes back, if not I pass. Hope that helps.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I got 2 out of 4 on the number today and missed other by 1/2 point
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    quicly
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Topbet is very slow at updating during the day. I got 3/4 today so far. Missed the St.Marys over by .5
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    You should bet them regardless of the number IMO. Long term he has been proven profitable not getting the release numbers. I am betting his games now for 1/7 of what I bet them for during his service. For 2 reasons, 1. I don't get the best number. 2. It's march. I would just subscribe to the thread and also twitter, and move as quickly as possible. But I do believe you should bet them even though you most likely wont get the release numbers. That's just what I think.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    following the twitter notifications I have been able to get the numbers within a minute they do move..using a PPH local.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    My personal experience - the release number is almost impossible, others I hear do get it. Totals I am not sure anyone gets but don't know.
    I wait til game time and see if it comes back, if not I pass. Hope that helps.

Yeah, that helps. I guess i'm just making sure i'm not missing an angle where someone gets text messages or a better way to get the alerts.

Thanks all
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited March 2014
    You can set up Twitter to send you texts anytime we tweet. You can also subscribe to the pick thread here for e-mail notifications which you can set up to go to your phone as well. The free picks appear to be easier to bet at the release line than service releases if you are on top of things. Calling either (almost) impossible is nonsense.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    You can set up Twitter to send you texts anytime we tweet. You can also subscribe to the pick thread here for e-mail notifications which you can set up to go to your phone as well. From what I can tell, the free picks appear to be easier to bet at the release line than service releases if you are on top of things.

They are way easier to get. Like if I'm at my computer and see the email notification, there is time to get it in. You have to be quick, but it's not impossible like the service release is.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Since we're on the topic, any general idea of time of release to most plays. I know it can vary and there is always new info that could come available, but any time frame for most games? Thanks
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited March 2014
    Really don't want to put any constraints on it, but I would expect most to come in the 7am-9am PST range.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I love when you release your plays by e-mail with no warning. I'm able to get down at a couple books in town before the line moves.