Betting Talk

Oscar plays 2014

beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
edited March 2014 in Sports Betting
A little late, but some times betting late gets value...

Risk 1.15 units to win 1 unit...From Bovada.Over 41 million viewers...Last year with Seth Mcfarlane the total viewers were 40.4, and people hated that guy.This year with Ellen DeGeneres I think its a good bet that she can get 41.Very likable and I think the crop of movies is better.

Jennifer Lawrence to win Best Actress +135(5 dimes) Risk 1 unit to win 1.35 units..Race between her and Nyongo is basically a coin flip.So in a coin flip where odds are even/even, cant pass up the value here.

Best Original Screenplay..American Hustle..+140(5 dimes)Risk 1 unit to win 1.40 units seems like another 50/50 shot here vs Her.taking value.

Best Documentary..20 feet from stardom +145(5 dimes)..Risk 1 unit to win 1 unit..

Best Foreign Language FIlm..The Broken Circle Breakdown +1000(5 dimes)..Risk .5 unit to win 5 units

May add more later..

Comments

• beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    More..

Best Live Action Short Film(bovada)..Helium +600..Risk 0.5 units to win 3 units..

Longshots..All for .25 units(5 dimes)
    Best Production Design..Her +2000
    Best Picture..American Hustle +2200
    Best Actor Chiwetel Ejiofor +1950
    Best Actress Amy Adams +1850(Woody Allen Sexual abuse backlash angle)
  • BarneyMillerBarneyMiller Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for posting those, BC. I have wagered in the past on the Oscars, usually don't have much luck betting anything more than the second highest underdog.
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I agree, this year according to pundits seems more wide open that in years past.
    edited March 2014
    Added play..
    Will Pink make an acrobatic entrance...NO +150..Risk .5 unit to win .75 units..
    Pink usually come in on some apparatus, but something tells me she wont enter like this at the oscars, which is not the grammys.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Of the live shorts, the least impressive, IMHO, and my least favorite was The Voorman Problem. I love the field -135 at 5dimes. I played Helium.
    edited March 2014
    FINAL RESULTS>>>>

A little late, but some times betting late gets value...

Risk 1.15 units to win 1 unit...From Bovada.Over 41 million viewers...Last year with Seth Mcfarlane the total viewers were 40.4, and people hated that guy.This year with Ellen DeGeneres I think its a good bet that she can get 41.Very likable and I think the crop of movies is better. WIN

Jennifer Lawrence to win Best Actress +135(5 dimes) Risk 1 unit to win 1.35 units..Race between her and Nyongo is basically a coin flip.So in a coin flip where odds are even/even, cant pass up the value here. LOSS

Best Original Screenplay..American Hustle..+140(5 dimes)Risk 1 unit to win 1.40 units seems like another 50/50 shot here vs Her.taking value. LOSS

Best Documentary..20 feet from stardom +145(5 dimes)..Risk 1 unit to win 1 unit.. WIN

Best Foreign Language FIlm..The Broken Circle Breakdown +1000(5 dimes)..Risk .5 unit to win 5 units LOSS

May add more later..

More..

Best Live Action Short Film(bovada)..Helium +600..Risk 0.5 units to win 3 units.. WIN!!!

Longshots..All for .25 units(5 dimes)
    Best Production Design..Her +2000 loss
    Best Picture..American Hustle +2200 loss
    Best Actor Chiwetel Ejiofor +1950 loss
    Best Actress Amy Adams +1850(Woody Allen Sexual abuse backlash angle) loss

Added play..
    Will Pink make an acrobatic entrance...NO +150..Risk .5 unit to win .75 units.. WIN!!
    Pink usually come in on some apparatus, but something tells me she wont enter like this at the oscars, which is not the grammys.
    edited March 2014
    Final profit +2.7 units..
  • CirclejerkCirclejerk Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks BC great job-- My best director play went down in flames but thanks to you I was able to scratch out a profit.
    Hopefully I can contribute during MLB.
    Thanks again & GL!