Betting Talk

Canada V Finland

homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
edited February 2014 in Sports Betting
injuries or not, just don't get it.

Pending 2/16/14 12:00pm Winter Olympics Hockey 36 Finland Men +1½ +105* vs Canada Men

having the number one overall seed helps for the motivation, but I have this nagging feeling like possible look ahead. All 4 goalies in this game are hit or miss, and I don't trust Price at all. I hate Suppan, but how do you sit him?

Comments

• homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Still don't get it:

Hockey - Slovakia (M)/Czech Republic (M) O 4½ +100 for Game

Take that on a third string goalie any day of the week.
  • InsiderInsider Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Still don't get it:

Slovakia and Czech Republic are both hard trapping teams which makes it almost impossible at times to generate scoring chances on the large Ice surface. The fact it's now the elimination round they will sit back even more and wait for the other team to make a mistake. Also the Ice is a disaster and passing is very difficult which also benefits the Defense. The tournament so far has been a masterful display of technical defense on the large Ice Surface.
    edited February 2014
    I added Czech Over 2.5 -125 and over 5.5 +225.

Thanks for the input Insider. I would have zero argument if we were talking about the Swiss game. I will be surprised, nay, I will be fucking shocked if Czech doesn't have 35 shots and 4 goals on the board. Think this total is an over reaction to 1-0 Russian loss that had 37 shots and 2 goal posts. SVK is terrible. Given the conditions you mentioned above its crazy how bad they have been defensively.

Of course this is all based on an early lead for the Czech's. But even in that defensive shell, I trust SVK to give up a ton of good looks. And there is NHL talent and scoring up and down that Czech roster.

How sick is Russia in shootouts? Oshie won the US one single handedly, but Kovalchuk is just sick to watch.
  • InsiderInsider Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Still don't get it:

Like I said take the Under LOL
    edited February 2014
    given your performance thus far, I will happily accept this win as getting lucky!! Certainly do not want to be on the opposite side of you too often.

and trying like hell to find anyway to find value in backing Sweden facing a Slovenia team playing for the 3rd time in 4 days and the 2nd of a B2B.

hesitant to back Finland at this point, but can't pass up +170 based solely on Russia also playing 3rd in 4 nights and 2nd of a B2B as well. their goalies are hot and that offense has got to explode at some point, right? head telling me Fins and gut telling me Russians.

Think will prob start a 3 tm parlay with Sweden 1st 60, Canada 1st 60 and an open spot. And I will take heat for viewing it this way, but I will basically be getting a -140 third leg at +100 or so.
    edited February 2014
    blah...hate this play

Pending 2/19/14 7:30am Winter Olympics Hockey 61 Russia Men -200* vs Finland Men
    edited February 2014
    Don't get it
    Czech +1.5 +100