Betting Talk

Alan Boston Twitter CBB record...

namathfannamathfan Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Sports Betting
For those who are interested, Boston is....

60-46

All lines he posted were WA

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Pretty darn good.
  • pufferfishpufferfish Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    He known as being pretty good? Nice start, but 106 games isn't indicative of anything.
  • D-ICEMAN1288D-ICEMAN1288 Junior Member
    edited January 2014
    namathfan wrote: »
    For those who are interested, Boston is....

60-46

All lines he posted were WA

Did you verify the record?I follow him on twitter and dont beleive he's %50.Lots of his play were opposit of RAS after initial moves.
    edited January 2014
    pufferfish wrote: »
    He known as being pretty good? Nice start, but 106 games isn't indicative of anything.

I have followed him for awhile now and he has been pretty successful. I don't tail every game, but not someone i'd fade either. Just not someone that too many like around here.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    I have followed him for awhile now and he has been pretty successful. I don't tail every game, but not someone i'd fade either. Just not someone that too many like around here.

Its not that people don't like him, its that his time has passed as a successful sports bettor. He was successful pre internet, but those times are LONG GONE. Now he is basically a coin flipper that is in denial...

I also heard that he got in way over his head with a # of agents at some point over the last decade, and that Howard Lederer bailed him out - this was during the Full Tilt glory days. HL was one of the main benefactors of AB's hot run in college hoops during the 80's & 90's, so I guess he felt he owed it to him...
    edited January 2014
    Its not that people don't like him, its that his time has passed as a successful sports bettor. He was successful pre internet, but those times are LONG GONE. Now he is basically a coin flipper that is in denial...

I also heard that he got in way over his head with a # of agents at some point over the last decade, and that Howard Lederer bailed him out - this was during the Full Tilt glory days. HL was one of the main benefactors of AB's hot run in college hoops during the 80's & 90's, so I guess he felt he owed it to him...

Good stuff, Lakemonster. Thanks
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    his Libertarian political rants can be quite entertaining as well...
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    kcburgh wrote: »
    his Libertarian political rants can be quite entertaining as well...
    Well at least he knows how exponents work and that the current digital dollars that are being printed out of thin air will one day go to Zero
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2014

Agree with all of this.
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    That is every play he has posted this season, he has gotten hot lately. At one point he was something like 42-38.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Well at least he knows how exponents work and that the current digital dollars that are being printed out of thin air will one day go to Zero

never said I disagreed with them..just that they are entertaining..
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    He's an interesting character to follow and does speak his mind.
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Why don't ya'll start being leaders and not followers especially of people like this who no one cares about
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    AB is a super intelligent guy. I believe he's starting to adjust to the 21st century. Follow him? Nah. Book his action? Nah, either.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    AB is a super intelligent guy. I believe he's starting to adjust to the 21st century. Follow him? Nah. Book his action? Nah, either.
    I was just going to comment something very similar and decided to just leave it alone. I think barmoycm is misunderstanding this thread nobody is bad mouthing Red.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I have pretty much the same assessment of Boston. I only know of Boston from LVA, and didn't do well there, he basically flipped coins on his plays.

In a recent thread here about him, I posted that his record on LVA wasn't impressive (I looked it up later, and it was a hair over 50% over 400 plays), and that he'd once mentioned on the LVA conference call that he'd lost over his last 2000 plays. These posts are still publicly accessible on the old LVA board, so I can easily prove that my recollection was accurate. In response, this nitwit went in some Twitter rant calling me a liar, and in his usual primadonna fashion, said that people like me who make up lies are the reason he doesn't participate in gambling forums. No, Alan, the reason you don't participate in gambling forums is that stuff is easily searchable, unlike Twitter, so it's trivially easy for me to find the old posts about your record.