Betting Talk

From my Tour Source at the Humana...

RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Sports Betting
…once again we are laying a lot of wood but play Morgan Hoffman at -165 vs Bud Cauley in the full tourney matchup. Probably worth a shot in the 1st round if you can find it as well. Cauley reportedly can't get keep ball on the course right now. Use this info as you wish. Good luck.

Comments

• RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm also playing Charles Howell to win at 28-1 for what it is worth.
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    good stuff..
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    barmoycm wrote: »
    good stuff..

agreed win lose or draw..thanks for the insight.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    do you mean former winner Charley Hoffman? who is Morgan.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    do you mean former winner Charley Hoffman? who is Morgan.
    Two different animals.
    edited January 2014
    No, Morgan Hoffman, young player out of Oklahoma State. You should see him in tourney matchup vs Bud Cauley. Made 4 out of 5 cuts so far this season and shot around par every round last week. Mainly just playing against Cauley.
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for sharing!

I went with Hahn -45 ov Mallinger. Fading Mallinger; returning from shoulder injury. GL
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Confirmation on both. -75 now for Hoffman & -80 on Hahn.

GL!
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Tough start for MoHo... Bogie, Bogie, Birdie, Double Bogie.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    If you guys played them for just today at 5 dimes you can or probably will have that wager cancelled anyway. They are playing on different courses.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Tough start for MoHo... Bogie, Bogie, Birdie, Double Bogie.

That is so fuckin bad on any of those courses it's unimaginable
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    lol @ golfer... I'm sure you have never started a round as such? or wait, you have never played a round on the pga tour so it doesn't matter.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    lol @ golfer... I'm sure you have never started a round as such? or wait, you have never played a round on the pga tour so it doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter, regardless it's fuckin awful. And the odds of me starting one round out of a 100 on any of those courses that way is pk
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    MoHo all over the place. Another birdie for him and a Double for Cauley and suddenly they are tied up at +2. Interesting that through 5 holes MoHo has zero pars.
    edited January 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    That is so fuckin bad on any of those courses it's unimaginable

Tip:

Don't get married. You'll save on legal fees. Edward can't help you there.:cry:
    edited January 2014
    I doubt you could have played them in a Round One match-up today unless a book was pretty irresponsible. Hofmann is playing at the Nicklaus course, while Cauley is playing LaQuinta today. LaQuinta is traditionally the easier of the three courses and Cauley gets it today. He is more likely to put up some big numbers on the Nicklaus course on a hole here or there when he plays it.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I doubt you could have played them in a Round One match-up today unless a book was pretty irresponsible. Hofmann is playing at the Nicklaus course, while Cauley is playing LaQuinta today. LaQuinta is traditionally the easier of the three courses and Cauley gets it today. He is more likely to put up some big numbers on the Nicklaus course on a hole here or there when he plays it.

5dimes took the wager..I called them to inquire what they would be doing. I was told no action and it will be cancelled.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2014

5dimes puts up 1st round matchups for all the Tourney matchups every week. I was somewhat surprised they did it this week. The std round matchups at every other book are copies from Pinnacle and differ from the Tourney matchups. They always match players that are on the same course.

Even so I didn't find anything real exploitable at 5dimes last night.
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    durito wrote: »
    The std round matchups at every other book are copies from Pinnacle and differ from the Tourney matchups.

Bet365 has different options for 18 hole matchups.
    edited January 2014
    Bet365 has different options for 18 hole matchups.

Yea they have lots of golf options, say goodbye after ~5k though.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I once had Kevin Stadler to be low 1st round score 40-1, he played Torrey North which played 4 shots easier than south. I took 5 north golfers.
    edited January 2014
    The difference on those two courses is substantially more significant than the courses this week. I would pretty much just play the board north v south if they were priced normally.
    edited January 2014
    5dimes just canceled all my 1st round bets on different courses. Was losing all 3 of them too. :)
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    never like to see Morgan finish double after he was cruising nicely after the rocky start. a lot of game left.
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    So did the bet lose
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    No...he suggested a full tourney play.
    edited January 2014
    Just looked and prices are again high but had a message in my inbox this morning that said Ryan Palmer (-195) over John Rollins and Charles Howell (-150) over Retief Goosen should be very good plays today in the 2nd round.
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I liked the Palmer play, but didn't want to pay that much. Good luck to those who play it and thanks for the tips!
    edited January 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Yea they have lots of golf options, say goodbye after ~5k though.

Your 5Dimes out has a "86" threshold not much higher.
    edited January 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Your 5Dimes out has a "86" threshold not much higher.

It's at least 10x higher than B365. Been through many.