Betting Talk

Warren Sharp?

lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
edited December 2013 in Sports Betting
i know he is a tout. but he seems pretty transparent and seems pretty bright per his twitter account.

is he one of the "good guys"?

Comments

• hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited December 2013
    Lots of his releases are steam plays that come out about a minute after the screen lights up.
    Some are unavailable numbers. I have 8 outs without leaving my desk BTW.
    Some are 7 point teasers that he grades at -110.
    Some are unavailable numbers that he recommends buying a half point and grades at -110.
    Some of the email plays don't make it onto his actual site and if they lose he doesn't grade them.
    He also brags about CLV when he releases stuff 1.5 points half off market.
    His website doesn't show his actual plays or prices of his release. Just fudged records.
    There are probably more scammy things I have noticed but these are all that come to mind in 30 seconds.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    hoff21 wrote: »
    Lots of his releases are steam plays that come out about a minute after the screen lights up.
    Some are unavailable numbers. I have 8 outs without leaving my desk BTW.
    Some are 7 point teasers that he grades at -110.
    Some are unavailable numbers that he recommends buying a half point and grades at -110.
    Some of the email plays don't make it onto his actual site and if they lose he doesn't grade them.
    He also brags about CLV when he releases stuff 1.5 points half off market.
    His website doesn't show his actual plays or prices of his release. Just fudged records.
    There are probably more scammy things I have noticed but these are all that come to mind in 30 seconds.

Agree with all of this. I'd add:

Plays donkey teasers that don't give enough value or are totals.
    Erases losing plays.
    Has multiple "types" of plays so that something is always "hot" and he can advertise it.

Basically, he's a sleazeball just like most.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm guessing he's not sending you a xmas card
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Is he the guy I hear ads for on XM radio all the time? The guy who advertises 70% winners? I don't want to cause a stampede, but where does the line form? I could use 70% guaranteed-- especially since I'm not hitting my usual 88% this year.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    The best word to describe Warren Sharp is "wannabe". He acts like he uses some sort of advanced analytics and keeps track of CLV, etc but at the end of the day I have a hard time believing he could pass an "intro to gambling" course. Most of the info he provides via Twitter and his blog is completely meaningless.

It's usually a major red flag when someone's offering a ridiculous deal like "58% or your money back" especially considering he focuses mainly on the NFL.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Sunday he gave out NO +1/2 and Pit +9 as a 7 pt teaser. Since NO +1/2 is essentially the same as NO -1/2 I guess he thinks buying Pit from +8 to +9 is worth 20 cents. LOL.
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited December 2013
    bumpo wrote: »
    Sunday he gave out NO +1/2 and Pit +9 as a 7 pt teaser. Since NO +1/2 is essentially the same as NO -1/2 I guess he thinks buying Pit from +8 to +9 is worth 20 cents. LOL.

I'm sure he didn't grade it as -130 or more likely didn't add it to his record.