Betting Talk

Sarkisian to USC

cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
edited December 2013 in Sports Betting
"Bruce Feldman reports that Washington's Steve Sarkisian is expected to be hired as USC's football coach, taking over from interim coach Ed Orgeron."

Not a surprise to me whatsoever but once again I also believe that every player at UW should have the ability to transfer to any school of their choice and be able to play next year. Firmly believe in the free enterprise system and a coach should be able to go where a school is willing to pay him. In this case, at least Sarkisian stayed at UW for 5 years vs. Kiffin who seemed to bounce ever year or two during his herad coaching merry-go-round. Have always believed Hayden is a pretty smart guy but not so sure this move is a whole lot smarter than the Kiffin mistake. I guess only time will tell. Good job open for someone in Seattle as of tomorrow it appears.

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    They offered the phony Orgeron a hefty raise to stay on as assistant but he summarily quit. What happened to his motto "it's all for the kids"? This guy put out a piss poor preparation for cross-town rival UCLA and OMiss just as soon forget he was there.
  • okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Didn't research this but thought I heard on the radio he was 35 wins and 29 loses at Washington. Whatever his record was, average at best.
  • CLE-MIKECLE-MIKE Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Taking over a program that was winless the year before arriving I'd say he did a little better than average. Good recruiter and familiar with USC and west coast. Not sure who people wanted in this situation.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Wasn't a bad QB @ Provo either.
  • EscootEscoot Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    This is a decent breakdown of his tenure at Washington: http://kcpelton.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/truth-and-rumors-about-steve-sarkisian/

Program had kind of flat-lined until this season, but Sark did say between their depth and recruiting he finally felt like this was the year they had come all together. Had a brutal schedule this year and will finish with his highest SRS at Washington: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/2013.html
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    bad hire as was Andy Endfield. Time for Haden to go