Betting Talk

Pass up a 37 yd FG, try a 57 yd FG

StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
edited November 2013 in Sports Betting
Nick Saban went brain dead. Everyone is stupid now.

Edit: I mean 27 yd FG to go up 10.

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    please don't tell me that the buckeyes are sneaking in somehow? they are unworthy... craziest finish ever.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    An angel was there with Auburn
    I saw him!!!
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Why not go for Hail Mary?

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

:idoit:
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    as pointed out by others on twitter that last kicker looked way better, why wasn't he out there before?
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Surprised he kicked it there because long field like that usually means low trajectory and a chance of being blocked. He actually kicked it high though.
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    please don't tell me that the buckeyes are sneaking in somehow? they are unworthy... craziest finish ever.

Totally unworthy. Hopefully the voters will realize that. The computer polls will definitely not be on the Buckeyes side.
    edited November 2013
    best one i've seen:

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 2m

"Wouldn't have got by me." -- Mike Tomlin
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2013

OSU D vs FSU O. hahaha.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    OMG..............He's human
    edited November 2013
    Rob Dauster ‏@RobDauster 59s

CBS showed a clip of Saban saying into his headset "I told you that would happen" and slam his headset. Someone GIF that.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Vern or Danielson made a good point- Alabama had no athletes on the field, just a bunch of fat guys. No good for that return
    edited November 2013
    StevieY wrote: »
    OSU D vs FSU O. hahaha.

sad sad game that would be to exploit the mediocrity of the big 10 even more... free win for the noles.
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Auburn Missouri winner has a shot at #2 after next week. I don't think OSU beats MSU.
    edited November 2013
    blue wrote: »
    I don't think OSU beats MSU.

Great offense vs great defense. Bad offense vs bad defense. Match made in mediocrity.
    edited November 2013
    Great offense vs great defense. Bad offense vs bad defense. Match made in mediocrity.

shit the huskers gave the Spartans a game with 5 turnovers. the big 10 is off the charts mid level.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited November 2013
    Texas just called they do not want Saben ! Lmao
    That was expensive for Bama!
    edited November 2013
    SY, as a wolverine fan, did you like the 2 pt conversion call?
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    When they passed on the first field goal, I couldn't believe that they would not go up two scores on the road. When they lined up to kick the 57 yarder, I turned to my dad and said, If Auburn is smart, they will try to return this. Some serious bone-headed coaching. Now FSU beats duke by 35 in the championship game, and OSU sneaks in where they do not belong. Playoffs can't get here soon enough. Really, I'd like see to everyone go 11-1, then people freak out about who to put in the final.
    edited November 2013
    SY, as a wolverine fan, did you like the 2 pt conversion call?

I was there. I liked it. No one was stopping anyone in that game. I don't think either team wanted the game to be on the line with their defense. If you kick the EP, you go OT(if you can kill the last 30 sec off the clock without giving up any points), you now give OSU a chance to go for 2 on you if they go last. You know if it doesnt happen in the first OT, whoever goes last in the 2nd OT is going for 2. Why not just get it over with without having to score again to do so. Don't even give them a chance to do it to you.

I don't think the play call was bad, heard on the radio from Jeremy Gallon that the play was designed for him and Funchess to clear out the CB's and allow Drew Dileo to work on the safety, but the nickel back stayed up. I thought there were a couple other options that were working all day but I have no criticism of the play call. I don't think they recognized the nickel back coming in after the timeout, jump ball to funchess or option to the short side may have been better.

I listened to people bitching about him going for 2 leaving the stadium, yet after they scored the entire stadium was yelling "TWO". If it worked, they would have said what a genius he was. Got no problem with the decision.
    edited November 2013
    very well said. I figured funchess once it looked 100% pass all the way. hell of a game and i'm sure you enjoyed (win or loss unfortunately). I've never been to the big house and will make it soon. can only imagine the atmosphere was as it should've been.
    edited November 2013
    very well said. I figured funchess once it looked 100% pass all the way. hell of a game and i'm sure you enjoyed (win or loss unfortunately). I've never been to the big house and will make it soon. can only imagine the atmosphere was as it should've been.

Nothing to enjoy, it's a loss. 42-0, 42-41, it's the same. Driving home listening to WV blow a 31-7 lead wasn't fun either.
    edited November 2013
    again well said. have a safe trip home brother. I went to school down in Lincoln in the good ol days and the short drive to Lincoln is relative so I know the pain. take care SY.
    edited November 2013
    you need to make to Lincoln for a game you just let me know. pretty easy to get the best tix in the house. thanks again for the picks over the years.
    edited November 2013
    you need to make to Lincoln for a game you just let me know. pretty easy to get the best tix in the house. thanks again for the picks over the years.

That's one trip I wouldn't mind. I got to Camp Randall this year so I am cutting down my list(that was the top of my to do list). It started when I was 7 yrs old at Athens, GA, don't think anything will ever beat that one. Wish I would have been old enough to appreciate it more.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    That's one trip I wouldn't mind. I got to Camp Randall this year so I am cutting down my list(that was the top of my to do list). It started when I was 7 yrs old at Athens, GA, don't think anything will ever beat that one. Wish I would have been old enough to appreciate it more.

I make it several times a year and having been to almost all of the SEC venues I still put it up there with any.
    edited November 2013

from what I understand over the years on BT of you in general and your posts. you are true sportsman. you'll enjoy everything about the visit to Lincoln. the stadium, the folks around you, the food, the booze, the girls (i know its Nebraska but trust me :)) and most importantly the fans embracement. hard to find anything close to it.
    edited November 2013
    I make it several times a year and having been to almost all of the SEC venues I still put it up there with any.

My grandparents lived in Gainesville, Ga. All my grandmother's relatives lived in that area and down toward Atlanta. They all have season tickets and they let us go because my grandfather's brother was coming into town and his friend "was coaching" the other team we were told. They served in the Navy together. He was going to take my brother and I with him down to the field 4-5 hours before the game to meet him. We were like, ok, but we really wanted to see UGA IV. We get down there and he says "this is Paul Bryant". we were like, ok, hi. We talked with him for a little while and then he said, you want to take a picture. Ok. then we saw UGA IV so we wanted to get the picture with him in the background. Right before my mother took the picture, Bear says "wait a sec", takes his hat and puts it on my head. Does the same thing with my brother. Georgia wins the game 21-0. The following year, we go down and drive over to Alabama for the Ala/Ga game. I believe Bama won the national title that year(1977). we got there on a Friday, went to Bear's office to see him with our 8X10 pictures we took the year before. He signs them with our name "Nice, hat, Paul Bear Bryant". They never played Georgia after that so I never saw again. I understood who I was meeting, but not fully at that age.
    edited November 2013
    from what I understand over the years on BT of you in general and your posts. you are true sportsman. you'll enjoy everything about the visit to Lincoln. the stadium, the folks around you, the food, the booze, the girls (i know its Nebraska but trust me :)) and most importantly the fans embracement. hard to find anything close to it.

When Nebraska made their first visit to the Big House, they were on par with the Wiscy fans as the nicest. Penn St right behind those two.
    edited November 2013
    When Nebraska made their first visit to the Big House, they were on par with the Wiscy fans as the nicest. Penn St right behind those two.

just let me know if you ever need a tik or multiple tix. i'll make sure you taken care of SY. you'll enjoy a nice day of foots. take care.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    My grandparents lived in Gainesville, Ga. All my grandmother's relatives lived in that area and down toward Atlanta. They all have season tickets and they let us go because my grandfather's brother was coming into town and his friend "was coaching" the other team we were told. They served in the Navy together. He was going to take my brother and I with him down to the field 4-5 hours before the game to meet him. We were like, ok, but we really wanted to see UGA IV. We get down there and he says "this is Paul Bryant". we were like, ok, hi. We talked with him for a little while and then he said, you want to take a picture. Ok. then we saw UGA IV so we wanted to get the picture with him in the background. Right before my mother took the picture, Bear says "wait a sec", takes his hat and puts it on my head. Does the same thing with my brother. Georgia wins the game 21-0. The following year, we go down and drive over to Alabama for the Ala/Ga game. I believe Bama won the national title that year(1977). we got there on a Friday, went to Bear's office to see him with our 8X10 pictures we took the year before. He signs them with our name "Nice, hat, Paul Bear Bryant". They never played Georgia after that so I never saw again. I understood who I was meeting, but not fully at that age.

Awesome story, funny how you were too young really take in the moment.

Yeah, Im right around Atlanta as well and have season tickets so I make it to Athens 3-4 times a year and usually the Ga/Fla game.

For an area that is such a dud for pro franchises they sure support the college ones.