Betting Talk

Jason Kidd Bush League Move

cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
edited November 2013 in Sports Betting
Just saw on Sportscenter where Kidd was without a timeout with around 10 seconds left and he is standing along the edge of the court holding a cup with ice and liquid in it. As one of his players passes by you can see him mouth "hit me" and the player bumps him and you can see him push the cup towards the court so the officials have to stop the clock and clean up the mess. Creative.... maybe but it is so obvious he should end up with some sort of fine from the league. Personally hope they slap him pretty good as a stupid bush move like that is about as bad as his team is playing!

Comments

• eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    at least you know he is trying
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    He's in way over his head. He doesn't look comfortable at all. and Worth says that was the right move to go for two without a time out. Then hopefully foul very quickly and when they make two fouls on the other end you have 8 seconds and can't advance the ball to mid-count. There last shot should have been a three. But then the Lakers are so bad they gave Pierce a wide open 3 for the tie. Under 52.5 Nets lock it up I don't care who comes back.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I totally agree on the over his head comment O-T. It is really kinda sad to watch the clip as CBS Sportsline now has it posted as well. Worst part is it is so obvious and he looks pathetic doing it.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited November 2013
    Rumors are Calipari is warming up and Kidd should be out soon.
    Hit it on the head OT in over his head, though DW has been injured most of the year .
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Hit it on the head OT in over his head, though DW has been injured most of the year .

They did they worst thing an organization can do to an employee is set him up to fail. I've seen it many times and his confidence level has to be at and all time low. The man is going to the Hall and they throw him into the fire like that. being a HOFer and a good coach apples and Oranges but He could very well turn into a very good coach but now it's going to be that much harder. He just looks lost.

He needed to sit on the bench a few years and then get his shot when the time and team were right. I understand he's not playing his full time prime time players and this organization again didn't do him any favors by bring in KG and PP at the end of the careers and expect a first year coach to manage this type of team. I'm rooting for him. I enjoyed watching him play and he was something else.

Hey I'm for new faces also and to stop recycling the old guys but the new guys have to be ready.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    This is a good time to throw in what a fleece job Danny Ainge did on them. Hell, the Nets are so bad that Boston probably will end up with Atlantas 1st round pick this year instead of the Nets. The Hawks have thee right to swap picks with NJ. I dont believe Pierce or KGs hearts are in it anymore. Neither wanted to leave Boston.
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    SunBelter wrote: »
    This is a good time to throw in what a fleece job Danny Ainge did on them. Hell, the Nets are so bad that Boston probably will end up with Atlantas 1st round pick this year instead of the Nets. The Hawks have thee right to swap picks with NJ. I dont believe Pierce or KGs hearts are in it anymore. Neither wanted to leave Boston.

it's not about heart with those two, mother time came calling.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    eug44 wrote: »
    it's not about heart with those two, mother time came calling.

I think its clearly a little of both. Both performed at very nice levels last year in Boston. I dont think either have just fallen this far in just one year.
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited November 2013

Cal will never go back to the Nets. He will go back to the NBA, and probably in the next 5 years. I know he has a personal goal of winning both an NCAA and NBA title. He got what he needed at Kentucky, but he will wait out the exact right NBA job before he goes back. And this is not it.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    cabster13 wrote: »
    Just saw on Sportscenter where Kidd was without a timeout with around 10 seconds left and he is standing along the edge of the court holding a cup with ice and liquid in it. As one of his players passes by you can see him mouth "hit me" and the player bumps him and you can see him push the cup towards the court so the officials have to stop the clock and clean up the mess. Creative.... maybe but it is so obvious he should end up with some sort of fine from the league. Personally hope they slap him pretty good as a stupid bush move like that is about as bad as his team is playing!

Guess I was right as I see the league has fined Kidd $50,000 for his pathetic actions. Just seems to me that not only did he do it but then lied about "spilling his Coke" .... like every coach in a close game with 10 seconds to go is drinking a Coke while syanding on the sideline. Looks like the Net have given up with less than 15 games in the books.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm going to the rockets game tommorow night sitting within earshot of the nets bench, I plan to let kidd have it!
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited November 2013

Brook Lopez is a bigger absence than DWill, imo.