Betting Talk

Fantasy RB Decision

GoatsGoats Head Moderator
edited November 2013 in Sports Betting
Non-PPR. Need to start 3 of the following 4...

Andre Brown
Ridley
Tate
Woodhead

Most sets of rankings say to start Ridley, but I'm leaning towards leaving him out b/c of the the matchups (don't like his as much as the others'). Vereen is also coming back, although I'm not overly concerned, it just can't help. I know Ridley has finally put together a string of solid games and I'd like to believe Belichick will stick with giving him a steady workload, but that's always hard to trust.

Who would you sit?

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Goats wrote: »

Andre Brown
    Ridley
    Tate
    Woodhead

Most sets of rankings say to start Ridley, but I'm leaning towards leaving him out b/c of the the matchups (don't like his as much as the others'). Vereen is also coming back, although I'm not overly concerned, it just can't help. I know Ridley has finally put together a string of solid games and I'd like to believe Belichick will stick with giving him a steady workload, but that's always hard to trust.

Who would you sit?

Personally I would sit Woodhead, but my league is touchdown only. I say this because Mathews actually seems to have become tHeir goal line back
  • Wurzz03Wurzz03 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Goats wrote: »

Andre Brown
    Ridley
    Tate
    Woodhead

Who would you sit?

I would sit Ridley. I like your reasoning. stick to it.
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Agree with poster above if your not PPR then Woodhead is definitely someone to consider sitting before the rest..although he does find the endzone quite a bit he isn't putting up 100+ rushing yards in any games..I have him and Ridley both on my team and its PPR and Woodhead has been 10+ every game this year almost with that type of league
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I would sit woodhead.
  • BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Sit Ridley. It's hard to ever make sense of the Patriots backfield, and now with Vereen coming back, it becomes even cloudier.
  • WiseguyInfoWiseguyInfo Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I would sit Ridley it's a coin flip every week trying to guess who Hoodie is going to feature in the backfield. Brown Tate and Woodhead are all definitely going to get double digit touches imo.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Def play Brown and Tate, Ridley and Woodhead are close enough you can flip a coin. If this is your Chargers league, its probably close enough you should play Ridley if you're somewhat heavily favored to win your matchup.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the input all. I had already decided to start Brown/Tate, just like to include the full scenario in case someone disagrees. I'll flip my coin a few times between Ridley/Woodhead and see where it lands. I'm torn between Ridley's last 4 big games with a shitty matchup and Woodhead's consistently solid (albeit none huge) performances and a good matchup.

BTW, yes Groovin, it's the Chargers lg and I'm again starting Allen/Gates, so that's another factor to consider as you mentioned. I should be a moderate favorite assuming my opp updates his lineup before Sunday (otherwise none of this should matter).