Betting Talk

Ponder..... Castle...... Can't Be Any Worse

cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
It is clear that the Vikings have given up on the season starting Freeman tonight. I agree with Gruden that if they want to have any chance they need to sit Freeman and put in one of the other guys. ESPN has to just love this mess for prime time MNF!

Terico.... "This is a terrible quarter of football in the 3rd."

You have to be kidding... the Viking punt returner trips on nothing and fumbles...... simply sad.

Comments

• okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    He also said "these teams are just bad". Freeman looks like he has no clue. On a go route to the end zone he almost hit someone in the first row with his pass.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    As a Viking fan can I assume whoever had the bright idea to start Freeman will resign during the post game show?
    edited October 2013
    16/46 ... That passing percentage doesn't give Freeman the true picture how BAD he truly was tonight.
    edited October 2013
    Can't go to bed now. Have to watch the post game show.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Maybe the chicken shit will just tweet it though....
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    It had to be ownership decision to bring Freeman in to begin with and it had to be mandated to start him. Gameplan ends with 14 runs and 53 passes and I get the throwing from behind but that was an embarassment to the league on Monday night. At least 25 of the passes were not within 5 yards of a receiver. Scott Van Pelt on sports Center just said...hey we all just wasted 3 hours of our lives watching that mess and we can;t get it back. No shit.

Freemen ends 20/53 and there can be no excuses. Frasier will give some sort of blsht post game comments but I have no doubt Freeman was shoved up his A** and he had no choice. Frankly they should have just forfeited like Grambling did on Saturday. If I was a Viking season ticket holder I would demand my money back tomorrow as the franchise has made bad decision after bad decision for many years.
    edited October 2013
    Isn't Freeman getting $2M for the rest of the year. If so, he should get 10 years for theft. I know it is just one game, but I will think very hard before I put my hard earned money on Minnesota the rest of the season with that bum at QB.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 35m

Josh Freeman becomes 2nd QB since 1960 to attempt 50 passes for 0 TD and under 200 Yds. Dave Brown (1995) was the other.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes Freeman was terrible, but in fairness to him, there is no way he should have started last night. He's only been there for a couple of weeks, that's not enough time to learn the playbook, much less audibles and everything else that a QB needs to know about his offense. The blame clearly lies more with whoever decided to start him than with Freeman himself.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    you're 100% correct kane and the funny thing is that the vikes could've easily contended in that game with ponder or cassell. was a pure disgrace to the vikes fans and looked worse than a pre season match.
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    FREeman should donate 1/2 of his salary to charity,he i once was decent, but now just terrible and the geniuses in minny,thought he might be the answer at the QB position,, looks like tb wasen't so foolish in dumping him
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited October 2013
    It's funny but when I was watching him last night. I thought is JaMarcus Russel back in the league ? That was terrible !
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    wcf1214 wrote: »
    FREeman should donate 1/2 of his salary to charity,he i once was decent, but now just terrible and the geniuses in minny,thought he might be the answer at the QB position,, looks like tb wasen't so foolish in dumping him

Actually, Rick Speilman should be the one donating half his salary for putting Freeman in a position he never should have been in. How would any QB in the league (other than maybe Peyton) do if they've been on a team for less than two weeks, and was then told to start a game. He probably doesn't even know the names of half his teammates, but they expect him to go out there and be productive. Freeman doesn't deserve any of the blame imo. Maybe he's the answer, maybe he isn't, but judging him based on one game when he clearly doesn't know the offense is unfair, let's see what happens as the season progresses.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    It's funny but when I was watching him last night. I thought is JaMarcus Russel back in the league ? That was terrible !

downright slap in the face there.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    kane wrote: »
    Actually, Rick Speilman should be the one donating half his salary for putting Freeman in a position he never should have been in. How would any QB in the league (other than maybe Peyton) do if they've been on a team for less than two weeks, and was then told to start a game. He probably doesn't even know the names of half his teammates, but they expect him to go out there and be productive. Freeman doesn't deserve any of the blame imo. Maybe he's the answer, maybe he isn't, but judging him based on one game when he clearly doesn't know the offense is unfair, let's see what happens as the season progresses.

Freeman doesn't deserve any of the blame?? I saw at least 10 replays of passes he threw that were so high, so wide, and one he threw to his receiver streaking down the sideline that was 10 yards behind him and 10 yards out of bounds... and he wasn't throwing it away. Freeman went through an entire training camp and started the first several games for Tampa so I don;t buy the "rusty" label either. I do agree something odd is going on as all of the commentators commented the head coach had to be forced to start him... but Frasier claimed otherwise today and announced he would start again this week. It was a winnable game against a BAD Giants team last night and if Freeman would have done just a few things close to right they had a chance. He has to get half the blame at least as he took their 3 million for the season and was flat horrible. Speaks to how awful the whole Viking organization must be and how poorly they have drafted to have so little confidence in Ponder (who was a hughe first round streach two years ago) and Castle to start Freeman.