Betting Talk

Question for all

nvralocknvralock Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
Pinnacle expresses their lines as a multiple , BM posts so you see what the juice is. ie (- 1.20 ) Is there a simple formula for converting Pinnacles lines so I can understand it . They do have better lines for what I need . Thanks

Comments

• groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't understand your question. Pinnacle also posts their lines so you can see what the juice is. Are you confused by their use of decimal odds vs BM's use of American odds? There's an option at the top left of the screen with a pulldown menu to change the odds from decimal to American.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2013
    nvralock wrote: »
    Pinnacle expresses their lines as a multiple , BM posts so you see what the juice is. ie (- 1.20 ) Is there a simple formula for converting Pinnacles lines so I can understand it . They do have better lines for what I need . Thanks

take (line -1)

if >= 1 , then +(line - 1)
    if < 1, then -(1/(line - 1))

1.43 would be -(1/1.43 - 1) = -2.33
    2.43 would be (2.43 - 1 ) = +1.43
  • nvralocknvralock Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't understand your question. Pinnacle also posts their lines so you can see what the juice is. Are you confused by their use of decimal odds vs BM's use of American odds? There's an option at the top left of the screen with a pulldown menu to change the odds from decimal to American.

Thanks found it , just never looked hard enough !