Betting Talk

Unwritten rules vis-a-vis Cards/Dodgers

JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
Representing the Cards' case.....
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/78149/hotsportstakes-the-dodgers-are-a-disgrace

The Dodgers....
http://www.chadmoriyama.com/2013/10/the-problem-with-enforcing-the-unwritten-rules-2013-nlcs-edition/

Advantage : Dodgers.....as the latter blogger shows with GIF's, do as we say, not as we do much?

Comments

• JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited October 2013
    Full disclosure: I am a bit of a Cardinal hater.....I still think that the GIFs paint a fine picture of the hypocrisy involved here.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Why does everyone try to take the emotion out of sports. I'm talking about football, baseball emotion plays such a big part of sports. Don't misunderstand I'm not talking about taunting an opponent just showing an emotion people get so upset. It is a feeling. The Atlanta Braves are like morons so that if you hit a home run against them McCann blocked the plate. A rookie pitcher hit a Home Run and was all excited just like any of us would be and the Braves got all upset. When did this all start to matter. I know it started in the NFL and now is leaking into other sports. I know it's a business but the feeling of emotion is very real and kind of hard not to display it.

I say bring back the dirty bird and the Ickey Shuffle
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Quoting radio broadcaster Jon Sciambe, "It's old school versus current " You know my position. Gibson or Drysdale wudda restored law and order.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2013
    Sports have been pussified. You don't take it off the field and cry in the media or your stupid fucking Twitter account. You got a problem with something that happens on the field, take care of it on the field. If not now, later. The more you talk about it, the more people expect retribution and then everyone cries some more when it happens. There's a reason why people used to just play the game. Players policed it on the field/ice/court. Celebrating is one thing, but some of these idiots go way too far. Act like you have done it before. A well placed fastball under your chin, off your knee, in your ribs a few times will "enlighten" even the biggest dicks. If you want to act like an ass though, go ahead, it's a free country but as De Nero said in Righteous Kill "you can be a motherfucker at your own risk... or not."
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Little chin music for Puig there. :laugh: