Betting Talk

oak/det

akearnsakearns Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Sports Betting
any thoughts on this game tonight? Again I have to go with the class pitcher in Verlander against the rookie, but Oakland is at home and I know the atmosphere will be rockin. Detroit a slight favorite and o/u at 6 1/2. Any thoughts or knowledge on the game would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Tough game to cap imo. For some reason I just don't trust the Tigers, but I also don't want to go against JV in this spot. I think the best play might be the under. I don't know the layout of the stadium, but since they're playing at 5:00 local time shadows could possibly play a factor early on. I think JV and the kid from Oakland both pitch well tonight. It seems like every playoff game has gone over, but I think this one stays under.
  • akearnsakearns Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for your input, I like your thinking. Usually Oakland is a pitcher's park because of the layout but going against JV in this spot is tough. Although the Rookie can pitch as well. I guess if I had to play it I'd take Detroit and Verlander because of experience. That's my gut feeling. I did that last night with St. Louis/Pitt and St.Louis came through.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Under 6.5
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    I agree kane with the 5:00 local time the first couple/three should be tough and the way these two have been pitching this does look like a dead under.
    out here it's still 6.5 -110 so I grabbed it and again I sit with +205 for Detroit to Win the series. My +234 Pittsburgh died last night. Usually West coast early start times the first few innings are very tough on the hitters. 5:00 start Sunny no wind sunset 6:38. Don't forget plenty of foul ground in Oakland and the first two at Oakland did also go under. The only thing to worry about is the bullpens and knowing Leyland he'll leave his horse out there unless it's really bad and then it won't matter anyway. Fielder isn't doing anything and Cabrera's legs are also effecting his hitting. I seen him hit two shots that should have been home runs that just made the warning track.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited October 2013
    Impossible game for me to handicap. My favorite team all my life (A's), just trying to will them to win one of these clincher games. Just agony all day today.
    But OT is dead on with the under call, 5pm is a brutal start, plus surprising cold weather (for west coast) came last night and it is in the high 50's low 60's and not warming up, plus marine layer sticking around longer then usual, so that is pretty much going to limit any home runs.
    So I am with you on the under in 1st 5 and Game.

Please please 3-1 A's Win !
    edited October 2013
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Impossible game for me to handicap. My favorite team all my life (A's), just trying to will them to win one of these clincher games. Just agony all day today.
    But OT is dead on with the under call, 5pm is a brutal start, plus surprising cold weather (for west coast) came last night and it is in the high 50's low 60's and not warming up, plus marine layer sticking around longer then usual, so that is pretty much going to limit any home runs.
    So I am with you on the under in 1st 5 and Game.

Please please 3-1 A's Win !

I looked hard at the 1st 5 also and really like it but the price is killing me still thinking though
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    what are your guys' 1st 5 under lines/prices?
    edited October 2013
    I know, i go it at -140 and now my 3 locals are at 3 1/2 -160, -155, -160.
    Pretty steep
    edited October 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    what are your guys' 1st 5 under lines/prices?

I'm seeing Minimum 3.5 U -145
    edited October 2013
    what line though? under 3? my local is at -120
    edited October 2013
    i don't see 3 anywhere yet newc.
    edited October 2013
    cool. thanks guys. that's what I thought
    edited October 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    cool. thanks guys. that's what I thought

IMO 3 -120 is high more in the -105 range but with the price going up like BK says -120 maybe right
  • akearnsakearns Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks guy for your input on tonight's game. I know a 5:00 start is brutal and with the weather being the way it is, homeruns are not likely. I'm from the bay area as well as Big Kahuna so yeah the weather can be a factor as well. The thing about it to is that foul ground in Oakland is a mile long lol lot's of room. I may shy away from it and just enjoy. Thanks for your thoughts, greatly appreciate it. GL ALL