Betting Talk

old timers MLB season wins question

BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Sports Betting
Now that the end of the season is here what do you do with the bets other than the obvious winners. Do you hedge any to cut losses? Do you bet series winners now? TIA.

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Personally I just sit with what I bet, I have the Mets in question with 4 games left they have to win 3 of 4 to beat me and 2-2 to push which seems likely.
    They went 5-1 on a 6 game road trip against Philly which they swept and beat Cincinnati 2 of 3 I have to say I never expected that. That will cost the home field in a one game playoff for Cincinnati where at this time there 41-41 and Pittsburgh is 50-31 at home. Now they set Latos to go against Pittsburgh W/Liriano who's 8-1 at home. I know I'm getting away from your question but plain and simple I never Hedge unless it's change of life money. Still have shot Milw has been playing the role of spoiler and hopefully can split the series.

I would like to ask the Mets also why they didn't shut David Wright down for the year and how does Dice pitch 7 2/3 K's 6 but to my surprise only Walk 2. I don't think the man has ever walk 2 man in his life with his 19 different pitches and his nibble nibble nibble .
    I didn't see the game but he only threw 105 pitches and usually has that by 5th inning. Sorry you asked a question and I'm off on one of my rants and I really don't know because I didn't see the game.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    David Wright said that if he is healthy enough to play he will. Bet still looks good. The team goes as he does. He came back and smacked a few homers and they put runs up. Dice K is a mystery to me. He was getting bombed, now 3 straight good starts.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Bookbraker wrote: »
    David Wright said that if he is healthy enough to play he will. Bet still looks good. The team goes as he does. He came back and smacked a few homers and they put runs up. Dice K is a mystery to me. He was getting bombed, now 3 straight good starts.

His pitch count is down his walks are down somebody doing a good job with him or he's listening to what they have been trying to tell him at Boston use your fastball more.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    The Mets SHOULD be losing. 10 days ago they were 5th worst in baseball, with protected pick nice and safe. Now, I believe they are tied for 10th worst and protected pick is in limbo. Sandy blew a deal up last off season over protected pick so I know he values it. The lineup the Mets used today isn't even fit for the minors, yet Dice K pitched a gem. Reds slumping at wrong time and Mets are hot at wrong time.... FML
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I need the pods to win 1 of the next 4 games , I have them ov 74.5 +110,if it comes down to the last game on Sunday, ill have to see what the matchup is and the line but either way am sitting in a nice place.

good luck