Betting Talk

Fantasy Waiver Help

rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Sports Betting
I have #1 waiver spot and need to choose between James Starks and Knowshon Moreno. I have Ray Rice (may be out) and Trent Richardson (sucking it up so far) currently starting. My bench has no real plays for week 3 in Isaiah Pead, Chris Ivory, and Darren Sproles (always a flier). So do you think Starks or Moreno produces more in week 3? Long term? Thanks in advance for suggestions...

Comments

• rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Also, I must start 2 RBs
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Moreno has a better chance to produce long term even with a 3 back rotation. don't see Starks doing anything close to what he did last week again. just my opinion with the way they generally throw first and Lacy will be back. on the short term maybe different though.
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    Moreno has a better chance to produce long term even with a 3 back rotation. don't see Starks doing anything close to what he did last week again. just my opinion with the way they generally throw first and Lacy will be back. on the short term maybe different though.

My thoughts exactly. GB backs never seem to produce, while Manning always knows how to get his backs involved and if the defense is taking away the pass, he will adjust and stick with the run. It also seems that Hillman is out of the rotation and Moreno is turning out to be the #1 back.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Moreno. Starks will go right back to being worthless once Lacy comes back.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    Moreno. Starks will go right back to being worthless once Lacy comes back.

well said.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    McCarthy even said that his opinion on Starks hasn't changed and he still sees him as nothing more than a backup.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    rmbullis wrote: »
    I have #1 waiver spot and need to choose between James Starks and Knowshon Moreno. I have Ray Rice (may be out) and Trent Richardson (sucking it up so far) currently starting. My bench has no real plays for week 3 in Isaiah Pead, Chris Ivory, and Darren Sproles (always a flier). So do you think Starks or Moreno produces more in week 3? Long term? Thanks in advance for suggestions...

I agree with the board. Moreno, although might not get a full share of carries, also catches balls and runs behind a good OL. Starks has a tough match up this week against Cincy, then they have a bye, then Lacy comes back.