Betting Talk

Glickman

bluejakebluejake Senior Member
edited August 2013 in Sports Betting
Just got done watching the documentary of Marty Glickman on HBO what a great story, even being 63 years young and being involved in sports and then the betting side for the last 42 years did not know much about him. Grew up with the great Bob Prince (the Gunner) and Jim Woods (the Possum) and listening to Det broadcasts with Ernie Harwell, Phils Harry Kalas, St. Louis Jack Buck, and the Big Red Machine Al Michaels. I had the pleasure to meet Harry Kalas at a after hours club in Pittsburgh(Monty's) and talk with him and have a few cocktails. I'm sure some of the New York guys have some great memories of Marty Glickman, (Coops). Let me end with one of his trademark calls Swissh!! Like to hear from other members that may remember him.

Comments

• Brooklyn32Brooklyn32 Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Being from Brooklyn, he was a legend and I remember listening to Knick games on the radio in the early 50's and feeling like you were there. My father played football against him in high school and said he was impossible to catch. He was one of a kind and a real gentleman to boot.