Betting Talk

Money Talks - Steve Stevens

CoopsCoops Senior Member
edited July 2013 in Sports Betting
LOS ANGELES, CA. — July 27, 2013 — CNBC today announced new programming additions to its rapidly expanding unscripted primetime slate,including a series order for "Money Talks," which takes viewers inside the world of sports betting and Steve Stevens, a well-known handicapper who runs VIP Sports in Las Vegas. The one-hour pilot will premiere Tuesday, September 10 at 10PM ET/PT.The network also greenlit the second season of "The Car Chasers," one of the first series to launch on the new CNBC Prime. Season two of "The Car Chasers" premieres Tuesday,October 29 at 10PM ET/PT on CNBC.

"Money Talks" is a docu-soap that follows Steve Stevens, his stable of agents and the clients who risk big dollars in the hope these guys have the expertise to consistently deliver winners. There's a lot on the line as we follow the gamblers who wager a few thousand each week to the whales who routinely make six-figure bets."Money Talks" is produced by All3 Media America in association with Turn Left Productions and Lost Tribe Productions.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100919378

Retort:

http://www.businessinsider.com/cnbc-betting-show-star-fraud-2013-7

Comments

• dimeshortydimeshorty Member
    edited July 2013
    Twitter is making quick work of this fraud...

Although from CNBC I wouldn't expect anything less.
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Coops, how is your wife holding up? I hope everything is going well with her and baby to be.
  • Bigfish23Bigfish23 Member
    edited July 2013
    Maybe it's a reverse by cnbc they are showing how some/most touts are scam. Or maybe they did not do their homework and covering their ass on hiring scum I mean scam tout handicapper

Either way it will be fun to watch and read about All the confirmed bull shit this guy spills on his website and show
  • ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    These major media outlets are sadly and woefully lost when it comes to sports betting, hence the reason ESPN actually gives legitimacy to Pregame. This CNBC series is another example. They don't understand the industry, but believe me, it's gonna blow up just like the poker craze REAL SOON.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    ChemicalAT wrote: »
    These major media outlets are sadly and woefully lost when it comes to sports betting, hence the reason ESPN actually gives legitimacy to Pregame. This CNBC series is another example. They don't understand the industry, but believe me, it's gonna blow up just like the poker craze REAL SOON.

Or die off entirely.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    apparently you know something we don't mr.Chemical!!
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Why are the charlatans getting most of the exposure? The sports gambling industry hasn't had a true spokesperson since the late Jimmy the Greek.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    No one in this town has heard of or seen this guy. 70% lol
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited July 2013
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Why are the charlatans getting most of the exposure? The sports gambling industry hasn't had a true spokesperson since the late Jimmy the Greek.

I nominate you Ron, that'd be awesome to hear you share your stories and knowledge!
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Pali but I'm still working. What motivates me is beating these Johnny-come-lately clone-ass bookmakers. Kinda like stealing from the robbers.
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited July 2013
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Thanks Pali but I'm still working. What motivates me is beating these Johnny-come-lately clone-ass bookmakers. Kinda like stealing from the robbers.

Those johnny come lately's sure do seem to have a penchant for stiffing though
    edited July 2013
    Up until a few years ago I would NEVER bet a questionable/off line. Today? Anything goes. Mostly in-progress/live betting. The clones have little time or inclination to check their plaguerized #'s. They can cancel side/total/prop bet all they want.........PRE-GAME.
    edited July 2013
    An example of the thieves that call themselve bookmakers. I won't give exact specifics because I think these guys are reading and waiting to hijack RAS plays. Made a political prop bet that was declared a winner. A month and a half later they re-opened my History and regraded it a loser citing some lame-ass left wing rag. Low limit but they reinforced the ground rules for me.
  • ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Here's the thing: CNBC is television. When you get a room of VPs together who have NO CLUE about sports betting, you cannot pitch them on a show whose lead (s) would be THE REAL WINNING SPORTS BETTORS because those guys look like nerds and unkempt because they've been wearing the same clothes and haven't left the house in four days.

So what do they want? They want the IMAGE of what THEY think a winning sports bettor would look like ... i.e. a mix between stock broker/bookie, with nice clothes, jewelry, a big wad of cash, a drug addiction in his past, smooth talking, slick talking, high energy, with a sports car.

It's a total bullshit image, but it's their image. This idiot Stevens fits that perfect. You think they'd put Edward or Harlabob out there? No gonna happen.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Hey i went to starbucks yesterday. :)

Those guys also probably would never in a million years be interesed in being on a reality show ( well maybe hbob he likes attention).
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    durito wrote: »
    Hey i went to starbucks yesterday. :)

Those guys also probably would never in a million years be interesed in being on a reality show ( well maybe hbob he likes attention).

Did you go to collect? Hudson river NJ side? :)