Betting Talk

Oak/Cle BS

BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
edited July 2013 in Sports Betting
Wow oakland just got cheated.

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    what happened? I saw they had bases juiced with 2 outs and then game over.
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Yea, watched it live here in Cleveland and I can't see how they could mess that up when they viewed the replay. Major screw up that will be talked about for quite awhile.
    edited May 2013
    that sucks. was on oak.
    edited May 2013
    The 2-out double in the top of the 9th was a home run by 4 feet. Umpires reviewed it and somehow upheld the initial call of double. Can't wait to hear their reasoning.
  • CLE-MIKECLE-MIKE Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    We deserve some good luck once in awhile.

Regardless, horrible call
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Newcombe, Two outs in the 9th and a Home Run was called a double. It clearly hit the pole above and behind the Home Run line and came back in and was ruled a double even after Umps reviewed it. Lots of Luck betting Lots money theses days. I said it before instant replay has exposed Umps, Ref's. I can see calling it a double without replay but after looking at the replay come on. They're saying they didn't have the same view are you kidding me.
    edited May 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    They're saying they didn't have the same view are you kidding me.

That seems like the only logical explanation, but the Baseball Tonight guys say they had both the Cleveland and Oakland feeds. If they did have the Cleveland feed, then the only explanation is they had their eyes closed when they watched the replay.
    edited May 2013
    like you said in the other thread OT, we'll get em tomorrow. crappy to hear that we were hosed out a homer though.
  • oakasoakas Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    MLB should be ashamed of themselves for having Angel Hernandez as an umpire.
    This guy does not have a clue.
    Selig has to do something about this guy for the integrity of the game...Just terrible
    edited May 2013
    newcombe wrote: »
    like you said in the other thread OT, we'll get em tomorrow. crappy to hear that we were hosed out a homer though.

4 games by 1 run and a hosing it just doesn't get any better then that. I don't know how 4 guys 8 eyes that somebody doesn't say you know that looks like a home run to me. when the manager said (Your could read part of it from his lips) we looked at it in the clubhouse or dugout and it hit the pole why can't the Umps go back and take another look the purpose of replay is to get it right. It's amazing how replay has showed what we put up with for years. that 98% shit we heard all them years what a crock that is Take away the easy first base calls and there lucky if they get 60% right.

Put a guy in the booth and do what college does every play you have another ump in the booth look at it or do away with Replay and do away with instant replay. Tomorrow you'll read in the paper we're sorry but we missed it.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    oakas wrote: »
    MLB should be ashamed of themselves for having Angel Hernandez as an umpire.
    This guy does not have a clue.
    Selig has to do something about this guy for the integrity of the game...Just terrible

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=mlb/news/newstest.aspx?id=4591884

Mlb admits mistake.
  • gavnastygavnasty Member
    edited May 2013
    Ronbets wrote: »

Should have started the game tied today but they're too old school and rigid. What happens if oak misses playoffs by one game?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2013
    gavnasty wrote: »
    Should have started the game tied today but they're too old school and rigid. What happens if oak misses playoffs by one game?

You do that and you're basically freerolling Oakland last night. They go ahead and win that game, and everything is good with them. They lose it, and they get another shot to win it? It completely sucks what happened, but I don't see any way how you can reverse it without completely screwing the other team.
    edited May 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    You do that and you're basically freerolling Oakland last night. They go ahead and win that game, and everything is good with them. They lose it, and they get another shot to win it? It completely sucks what happened, but I don't see any way how you can reverse it without completely screwing the other team.

Really turns a lot of fans off though. MLB seems to make more than their fair share of PR blunders.
    edited May 2013
    Meant to add you bring up a good point.
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I have a problem with is that it's the Crew Chief that makes the final call now I understand that I was in that position for a long time but I listened and encouraged my crew to voice there opinion behind closed doors so the decision made was the right one. When you have a tape there are occasions when it's inconclusive and you go with the call that was first made but this was so clear. With that tape it's inexcusable to blow that call. it's called a "Crew" and I can't believe that one or more of the Umps didn't disagree or say It looks to me like a Home Run in a respectful way.

When your dealing with the chief there's a proper way of telling him he's wrong which this one was or is it us against them and whatever our chief say's we back him up. I would suspend them all for one game for making such a blatant mistake. This wasn't a bang bang at second base where it was a judgement call and that's it. This was a judgement call until you can look at tape then it's your responsibility to get it right.

I can't say what really happen in that room because I wasn't there so I maybe misjudging them but I just can't believe not one of them disagreed with the call. Tommy is right a mistake is made and you can't give it to them the next day and start from there you got screwed and you have to live with it. Remember the Denver Bronco call a few years ago in a football game that cost if I remember right a playoff spot and a division title. I could be wrong but there's no do-overs the next day in sports on bad calls.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    hmmmmm

deja vu!
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    hmmm ... must of been a line on that game. :)
    How dare anyone question their call. they have answers for everything.