Betting Talk

Boxing play 4/27

buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Sports Betting
5Dimes

Zab Judah +345. Line has really moved down all week as people are figuring out Garcia should not be this big of a favorite. In Garcia's last 3 fights he beat a shot Morales, had a lucky knockout over a overconfident Khan and then beat a even more shot Morales again. In the Khan fight when Amir was using his speed and boxing, he was winning easily. I think Judah's speed and experience will make the difference here. Zab seems to be extra motivated for this fight as he knows it is most likely his last real shot at a title should he lose. Problem with Zab has always been conditioning and getting him to take the fight seriously. With the fight being in Brooklyn and with all the anymosity outside the ring I believe he is dialed in and I look for a upset for Judah to win by UD.

Also on 5D right now Mayweather is available at -700. I think he should be -1000 or up so there is value there in my eyes. Good luck.

Comments

• kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Khan is a much better boxer than Judah at this point and Garcia has beaten some decent boxers in Holt and Campbell. Judah has always been talented but this is not the type of fighter he can beat. Garcia will put pressure on Judah which is the worst thing Zab can see in the ring.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    kass101 wrote: »
    Khan is a much better boxer than Judah at this point and Garcia has beaten some decent boxers in Holt and Campbell. Judah has always been talented but this is not the type of fighter he can beat. Garcia will put pressure on Judah which is the worst thing Zab can see in the ring.

I believe Khan would have beat him easily had he stuck to his gameplan and not gotten reckless. While Judah hasn't looked his best I believe he still has enough in the tank to pull this one out. Judah has been in there with the best of em, we'll see if he's properly prepared for this one.
    edited April 2013
    buckeyes wrote: »
    I believe Khan would have beat him easily had he stuck to his gameplan and not gotten reckless. While Judah hasn't looked his best I believe he still has enough in the tank to pull this one out. Judah has been in there with the best of em, we'll see if he's properly prepared for this one.

I would say that is the problem, could the prime Judah outbox Garcia for 12 rounds without making a mistake? I doubt it. Now a past his prime Judah must outbox Garcia for 12 rounds without getting caught by Garcia. Danny has good power and a good chin while Judah has a questionable chin.

I dont mean this to hammer your pick, I just enjoy talking boxing and MMA and that is hard to find around here.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    kass101 wrote: »
    I would say that is the problem, could the prime Judah outbox Garcia for 12 rounds without making a mistake? I doubt it. Now a past his prime Judah must outbox Garcia for 12 rounds without getting caught by Garcia. Danny has good power and a good chin while Judah has a questionable chin.

I dont mean this to hammer your pick, I just enjoy talking boxing and MMA and that is hard to find around here.

No offense taken, I enjoy chatting about boxing and mma as well. A prime Judah would probably make mistakes but still get a clear UD or even a late round TKO IMO. This isn't even so much about how good I think Zab is as much as it's a fade of Garcia. I just think he is overrated. Has good power and chin but not the speediest guy and now you're going up against a still very fast Zab who also happens to be a southpaw. I believe Garcia will be looking for that one big shot, will be interesting to see what happens if and when he lands it.
    edited April 2013
    On the undercard Quillin looks awesome