Betting Talk

Russel Westbrook

UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Sports Betting
Chris Mannix tweets that he has lateral meniscus tear and needs surgery.

Done for year?

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    It came across the screen a few mins ago, I was quickly able to grab three with Houston.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    It is official sad to say
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Wowza!
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited April 2013
    Okc game three could be great play IMO
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Sorry for your loss Okie, but I'm feeling real good about my +3 as I'm seeing the Rockets now -1
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    sucks for durant
    edited April 2013
    kane wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss Okie, but I'm feeling real good about my +3 as I'm seeing the Rockets now -1

I know

I made - 3 a 3 unit play; Thunder - 3
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Wouldn't surprise me to see this team actually become better.

He shoots too much, makes bad decisions, takes a lot of chances on defense.
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    Okc game three could be great play IMO

Would tend to agree here. Think the Thunder will still come out and win Saturday. Guy I talk to plays a lot of teams the first game after they lose a star and it tends to do well from the stats he has.

Obviously hurts their championship hopes. They maybe able to win the west but don't think they can beat the Heat with out him. Not that I thought the could beat the Heat in a 7 games series with him :).....lol, sorry Okie!
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me to see this team actually become better.

He shoots too much, makes bad decisions, takes a lot of chances on defense.

short answer is prob no they are not going to be better

would have been real interesting to see a Durant-Harden duo tho
  • SpobroSpobro Member
    edited April 2013
    Actually good for Durant. He's gonna get 30 shots a game like he should. Injury happened when kid tried to steal it from him after the whistle.
  • bostonbeaglebostonbeagle Member
    edited April 2013
    I bet he's back in 3 weeks...with the NBA dragging out the playoffs I could see him back late in the second series.
    Upsilonman wrote: »
    Would tend to agree here. Think the Thunder will still come out and win Saturday. Guy I talk to plays a lot of teams the first game after they lose a star and it tends to do well from the stats he has.

Obviously hurts their championship hopes. They maybe able to win the west but don't think they can beat the Heat with out him. Not that I thought the could beat the Heat in a 7 games series with him :).....lol, sorry Okie!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Upsilonman wrote: »

I play this angle a lot in sports, me and OT have talked about this, the natural tendency is for the other team to have a little let-down, while the team missing the star tends to play a little harder, and someone off the bench will pick up the slack. Long term this obv hurts, but they should still beat the Rockets and advance. Hell, this just means more shots for KD, which is never a bad thing. I just took +1, getting off my Rockets position a little.
  • parlaykid33parlaykid33 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Didn't Lin leave the game with some sort of issue as well?
    Not comparing him to Westbrook by any means... but basically saying its not like Houston has an over powering guard who is going to take advantage of the missing westbrook... okc will miss the offensive production but as stated earlier KD gets more shots and you know other Thunder can shoot the rock well from all over. FILET O' D FISH!!!! Cant wait to see Fisher more haha

still think my OKC sweep prob is in line +200
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I play this angle a lot in sports, me and OT have talked about this, the natural tendency is for the other team to have a little let-down, while the team missing the star tends to play a little harder, and someone off the bench will pick up the slack. Long term this obv hurts, but they should still beat the Rockets and advance. Hell, this just means more shots for KD, which is never a bad thing. I just took +1, getting off my Rockets position a little.

Can you say Reggie Jackson, Lets see how high this can go and the best part is a day to prepare I'm in for +1 but lets see if I there's a +2 out there. We have time. This is Houston not SA, Denver or Clips I'm hoping for +2 a 4 Point swing so far a little over-reaction you think?
    Hoping Ronnie Brewer gets a little time good defensive player. 4 point swing and maybe more I think that's way to much.

Good Luck it's going to be interesting.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I could be wrong here, but I don't think this line ever gets to two, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see the Thunder go off-1. Maybe someone sharper than me can give their opinion on this, but that's what I think.
    edited April 2013
    Team doctors say that if playoffs drag out, he possibly could return; doubtful; if anybody could do it, he could
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I have a value rating for each of the top players on each team based on their production and what they have around them. I have Westbrook worth between 2.5-3 points. If you use oldtimers 9 point swing between venues here's how it may work.

-Last game at OKC -11
    -Subtract 9 with the venue change with Westbrook -2
    -Now deduct for Westbrook's absence. (3 points) OKC +1 or at least a PK.

Anything off of Houston PK or -1 would mean the market or lines-makers may be over compensating for the injury.
    edited April 2013
    short answer is prob no they are not going to be better

would have been real interesting to see a Durant-Harden duo tho

Your correct for for the next series if he doesn't make it back. But here's a question if he does come back from what's that say about D.Rose. Don't misunderstand not comparing injury's but D.Rose has been cleared to play.
  • parlaykid33parlaykid33 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    D. Rose = VAGINA
    edited April 2013
    Didn't Lin leave the game with some sort of issue as well?
    Not comparing him to Westbrook by any means... but basically saying its not like Houston has an over powering guard who is going to take advantage of the missing westbrook... okc will miss the offensive production but as stated earlier KD gets more shots and you know other Thunder can shoot the rock well from all over. FILET O' D FISH!!!! Cant wait to see Fisher more haha

still think my OKC sweep prob is in line +200

Fisher hurting and is 38 but he'll give you end of game quality minutes. I really think this Kid RJ with Durant getting more shots there's not much to worry about. Lin's back Spasms have left but his still isn't right with a muscle contusion in his chest. Alright who Punched him. How does that make you day to day. Growing up we lived with that all the time chest and faced contusions. Man up dude get your ass out there.
    edited April 2013
    ebemiss wrote: »
    I have a value rating for each of the top players on each team based on their production and what they have around them. I have Westbrook worth between 2.5-3 points. If you use oldtimers 9 point swing between venues here's how it may work.

-Last game at OKC -11
    -Subtract 9 with the venue change with Westbrook -2
    -Now deduct for Westbrook's absence. (3 points) OKC +1 or at least a PK.

Anything off of Houston PK or -1 would mean the market or lines-makers may be over compensating for the injury.

I would never argue numbers with you, know you to long I was thinking along the line of Westbrook 2 points. An adjustment had been made by the books like the Knicks series by making them -3 so in my mind I had 3-2 OKC -1 for the game. I took OKC +1 out here that's the reason for the Non Post. But as I say I wouldn't argue with your numbers but when I seen Houston -1 to me that's an over reaction and I don't think it reaches +2
    edited April 2013
    Team doctors say that if playoffs drag out, he possibly could return; doubtful; if anybody could do it, he could

Now that's a Classic Line the IF should be AS
  • TiddydatitanTiddydatitan Member
    edited April 2013
    Wonder how okc feels now not having James harden as their #2 now?
    edited April 2013
    I could be wrong here, but I don't think this line ever gets to two, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see the Thunder go off-1. Maybe someone sharper than me can give their opinion on this, but that's what I think.

I agree 100% Funny I said the same think and I really missed your post. Great Minds Etc:
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree it won't get to -2 Houston. Probably closes OKC -1 or pk. Even Westbrook worth two points makes it a PK. I'm not sure that we'll see 2 points either way from a pk (+2/-2).

Seems like there's more value right now in the total even without Westbrook. Both games 1 and 2 close 214. Game 3 right now at 208.5 and may still drop some. I'm leaning heavily towards playing it over just on value. Pace is still going to be fast as Houston doesn't want to slow it down.

Side number looks fair to me. Interested in what people think of the game total.
    edited April 2013
    I see a 109 - 105 Thunder Victory
    edited April 2013
    Thunder flying Westbrook to Colorado
    Surgery Sat
    Best Prognosis
    Be Back for 3rd game of 2nd round
    HOPE - Memphis / Clippers goes 7
    edited April 2013
    Yes it would be a shame to not be a full strength after working so hard all year much like the Warriors. Not a warrior fan but a Big Mark Jackson fan and when people said how can they hire a man with no experience I knew he would make them all eat crow just didn't think it would be so fast. He's got some future ahead a him and wish him the best of everything.

Sorry but not this year but it will be a building block for future years to come.
    edited April 2013
    The line has dropped down to 205 in some places from 211 1/2
    I will watch this up until game time!