Betting Talk

Buffettgambler Discussion Thread

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2015
    durito wrote: »
    probably not, just trying to put up some #'s i see are still out there after i bet. with a lot of games going to half at once don't really have time to follow the rules here to make sure its' available at bookmaker/pinny and convert the vig to -110. assuming since you are asking you know where to find them.

1. If you don't keep a record, you can post anything you want.

2. Since 2H's are so difficult to follow due to time constraints, line moves, etc., the guidelines aren't really meant for them anyway.

In other words, if you wish to share them here, feel free.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2015
    Huh? All 4 of the plays he posted last night at 9pm moved right away and never came back.

Limits aren't full at 5am either. I'm not betting these, I'd just like the lines not to be taken out so early.

People are betting earlier every year. Semi-sharp people with smaller bankrolls can move current overnights and get down what they want. Can't blame them, unless you are giving your plays out later, you don't care what happens with the line after you bet it and if you try to wait, someone else will just take it out. I tried to wait until Heritage was up last year before I played non-TV totals. It takes so many of them to equal a regular bet it didn't matter, but I found I was losing about 3 plays for every 1 I could still make by the time Heritage came out. Losing that many just to double a small bet, better off just getting down at that point. 1/2 peanut bet times 3 is better than a full peanut bet. :)
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    1/2 peanut bet times 3 is better than a full peanut bet.

That's the way I see it too
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    People are betting earlier every year. Semi-sharp people with smaller bankrolls can move current overnights and get down what they want. Can't blame them, unless you are giving your plays out later, you don't care what happens with the line after you bet it and if you try to wait, someone else will just take it out. I tried to wait until Heritage was up last year before I played non-TV totals. It takes so many of them to equal a regular bet it didn't matter, but I found I was losing about 3 plays for every 1 I could still make by the time Heritage came out. Losing that many just to double a small bet, better off just getting down at that point. 1/2 peanut bet times 3 is better than a full peanut bet. :)

If they are betting and getting full fine, but eventually they win and need bigger limits. But he is just giving away that +ev to the public while sucking it away from everyone that works at it themselves.
    edited January 2015
    But he is just giving away that +ev to the public while sucking it away from everyone that works at it themselves.

That's why his screen name is Buffettgambler AKA Warren Buffett giving his shareholders a front run on the Goldmansachs crew :)
    edited January 2015
    If they are betting and getting full fine, but eventually they win and need bigger limits. But he is just giving away that +ev to the public while sucking it away from everyone that works at it themselves.

I understand, it sucks to lose a good play overnight or early in the morning. I can't tell you how many totals I lost last year because people were posting them at 8-9am. It can get frustrating but they were doing nothing wrong, the lines were there, but you know the market isn't there for a mass hit. I think it may be time for quantity at lower amounts vs quality.
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    BG if you see this message, wanted to say thanks, started following you last week for the first time and appreciate your work.
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I felt like I was watching a rec league game in the 2h of the Texas game complete with consistent 8 second possessions by both teams and made 26 foot 3 pointers.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I felt like I was watching a rec league game in the 2h of the Texas game complete with consistent 8 second possessions by both teams and made 26 foot 3 pointers.

Hoiball at it's finest from not just Iowa State last night but Texas in the 2h also. Sooner or later the markets gotta catch up, I think we're on a streak of about 8 overs in a row. No complaints here if they keep setting the total in mid to low 140's for a team that averages 80ppg and is 1st in the country in assists and ranked nearly 250th in points allowed at almost 70 per game last I read.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    5 straight overs, but preceded by 3 straight unders.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited January 2015

wow. what a crybaby. you should hook up with Alan Boston on twitter and you both can have your pity party together about how everyone is ruining it for you by betting before you. give me a break...
    edited January 2015
    wow. what a crybaby. you should hook up with Alan Boston on twitter and you both can have your pity party together about how everyone is ruining it for you by betting before you. give me a break...
    Try spending thousands of hours on your own models, not being poor, and watchinf bottomfeeders take out lines with tiny bets.
  • grenadegrenade Junior Member
    edited January 2015
    Try spending thousands of hours on your own models, not being poor, and watchinf bottomfeeders take out lines with tiny bets.

Classy way to get others to hear you out by calling them bottom feeders.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    grenade wrote: »
    Classy way to get others to hear you out by calling them bottom feeders.

He acts like this happened over night or something.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited January 2015

How about you try reinventing yourself? There are still plenty of people who originate and make a living doing this, despite the "bottom feeders" playing overnight and ruining it for guys like you.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    He acts like this happened over night or something.

Really. The larger players have been complaining about smaller players taking out lines before limits go up for years. Nothing is going to change now.

That said I side with rito here, BG is not taking these lines out himself, he's providing information that allows those who can't/won't do the work themselves (bottom feeders) to take them out. No need to provide that information at the expense of others.
    edited January 2015
    Expense of others? maybe we should ask Goldmansachs how they feel when they front run and Rob their own clients every minute of the trading day.
    Oh wait a minute Goldfine is doing God's Work. :shrr: I don't buy into that 'expense of others" because this is a dog eat dog world we live in and since it's creation that will never change in any business especially sports gambling which is a flea on a dogs tail compared to the world financial markets.
    edited January 2015
    How about you try reinventing yourself? There are still plenty of people who originate and make a living doing this, despite the "bottom feeders" playing overnight and ruining it for guys like you.

I'm doing just fine thanks.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Expense of others? maybe we should ask Goldmansachs how they feel when they front run and Rob their own clients every minute of the trading day.
    Oh wait a minute Goldfine is doing God's Work. :shrr: I don't buy into that 'expense of others" because this is a dog eat dog world we live in and since it's creation that will never change in any business especially sports gambling which is a flea on a dogs tail compared to the world financial markets.

Wraps...AFAIC originators may bet whenever they choose, that's the point of originating, beating the market for as much as possible. Still don't see why those who don't should get the same benefit.

BTW your Goldmansachs analogy really doesn't work here. They charge their clients for their information (in addition to robbing them). BG isn't charging, if he was I'd side with him releasing whenever.
    edited January 2015
    The people who are upset at BG for posting overnights, likely at one time or another followed someone else or BG who gave overnight plays .

Thanks BG
    edited January 2015
    Wraps...AFAIC originators may bet whenever they choose, that's the point of originating, beating the market for as much as possible. Still don't see why those who don't should get the same benefit.

That's Buffet's choice and maybe he wants to be a good Samaritan and help those who can't win long term on their own.
    All I can say out of my experience for as long I've known Buffet, is that he his a very honest and helpful person to those seeking a winning edge.
    BTW your Goldmansachs analogy really doesn't work here. They charge their clients for their information (in addition to robbing them). BG isn't charging, if he was I'd side with him releasing whenever.

Yes, they charge their clients first and rob them second, in a so called legal business. Here is a better way of putting it. We all know any Congress person can trade on inside info from a CEO and it's perfectly legal for them to do so, but if a brokerage firm, or any day trader tried it and got caught they would run into major trouble and possible face jail time.
    So tell me now, about all those millions these firms spend on paying programmers to build them the fastest algos, blackboxes or any other mathematical bullshit they build when Congress says, "Fuck you" I will take the money first on my Inside info and the millions you spend on programmers will have to be second in line. Whether right or wrong, everyone has an opinion and BG is free to post when ever he wants regardless of what anyone spend money or time on their model.
    edited January 2015
    I've never followed RAS, but didn't he release totals in the A.M and/or sides, to which I know must have pissed off a lot of people, Alan Boston being one, it's the same thing.
    But because RAS charged his clients it's okay? But not for BG as he doesn't charge?
    Don't understand the reasoning.
    edited January 2015
    The limits are substanitally higher (like probably 10x) when RAS releases.
    edited January 2015
    I understand durito, but it still takes games away from people. StieveY just said in this thread that tons of plays were taken away as it was bet too early.

Also, there were likely times when people who need higher limits now, followed BG or some other person on overnights.
    edited January 2015
    The limits are substanitally higher (like probably 10x) when RAS releases.
    edited January 2015
    Hypothetical Question:

If some of you had 3 or more off screen books that allowed 1k limits on over night sides and you had inside knowledge of certain syndicate plays 12 hours in advance would you bet them? Just a simple Yes or No will be fine :peace:
    edited January 2015
    winner_13 wrote: »
    I understand durito, but it still takes games away from people. StieveY just said in this thread that tons of plays were taken away as it was bet too early.

Also, there were likely times when people who need higher limits now, followed BG or some other person on overnights.

I wasn't talking about RAS's release and RAS wasn't releasing at 8-9am ET. I was also specifically talking about totals(some sides are lost overnight but that will always happen) when offscreens didn't have them up and a couple screen books still had overnight limits. You have any decent following, pay or free, and release a play into a market where BM is taking 1K, Heritage 250, Pinny either isn't up or is at 250 or 500, BOL at 500, and the major offscreens aren't up, it pretty much trashes that game. I'm not bitching, like I said before there is no rule against it and people can do what they want, but some markets can take overnight or very early morning plays better than others. CBB totals isn't one of them. I will definitely be doing things different in the future because of the early moves.
    edited January 2015
    Boise over is now 141.5 Now that's a classic front run BG. Fuck Goldmansachs where they breathe :shakehands:
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Only thing that I can think of on why he is posting overnights is:

1. He wants the best record possible cause he may be offering a CBB service next year?

I really can't think of anything else. Also, if he is/was as successful as others have made him out to be, then I really don't see the reasoning behind it at all. Plus, proving you can beat an overnight CBB line is noteworthy, but it certainly wouldn't justify being capable of offering a service.

In the meantime, DrH just got fucked again in OT.
  • h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I understand the overnight can kill numbers for those looking for higher limits later the next day. But if not BG, wouldn't these lines for the most part be picked off for value anyways? I don't do overnight CBB so I'm not keen to this market but you would figure soft openers would be picked one way or another. Just curious. my apologies if this has been discussed previous. I just read the last part of this thread