Betting Talk

Value in Louisville -155 to win it all??

rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Sports Betting
-600 or worse tonight & I believe they will be -200 to -250 in the final. Seems like a good price at -155. Opinions??

Comments

• 6pounder6pounder Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, it's a good deal.
    edited April 2013
    You can do better than -155 though
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited April 2013
    Market implied NVL closer to the -115 to -120 range.
    They will likely trade shorter in the finals than what you stated.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Market implied NVL closer to the -115 to -120 range.
    They will likely trade shorter in the finals than what you stated.

This.
    edited April 2013
    These guys are correct. Better answer than mine but in a year when the field appeared to be as wide open as any I think Louisville is clearly the best team. You won't be able to get -115 or -120 but -140 is available. Good deal is probably the wrong words to use here but I think you are right in saying the finals will be around -200, especially with another strong showing by Louisville today.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    going with Michigan at +320
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I grabbed Louis at -135 on my local on Monday
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited April 2013
    cabster13 wrote: »
    going with Michigan at +320

You've gotta be able to do better than that with a ml parlay, assuming Louisville win admittedly
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    6pounder wrote: »
    These guys are correct. Better answer than mine but in a year when the field appeared to be as wide open as any I think Louisville is clearly the best team. You won't be able to get -115 or -120 but -140 is available. Good deal is probably the wrong words to use here but I think you are right in saying the finals will be around -200, especially with another strong showing by Louisville today.

LOL, wait, so are you saying it is a good deal (like you said earlier), or a bad deal (like the other two said)? How can you agree with what they said, but also think the finals will be -200?
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    So the bottom line is there is no value in Louisville to win unless it is even money or better??
    edited April 2013
    LOL, wait, so are you saying it is a good deal (like you said earlier), or a bad deal (like the other two said)? How can you agree with what they said, but also think the finals will be -200?

Good deal was the wrong phrase to use for sure. My bad. But I do think Louisville is head and shoulders above the other 3 teams. They can play fast or slow and have improved as much as anybody throughout the year. -155 is actually a bad deal considering -137 I believe is available. Goats and buffet gambler said it better than me. however you can't get -115 or -120. I think -140 is a good bet and I do think you will see Louisville at -200 or better in the finals if they win easy today which I think they should. Sorry for the confusion and I deserve to be bashed on my first post.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    6pounder wrote: »
    Good deal was the wrong phrase to use for sure. My bad. But I do think Louisville is head and shoulders above the other 3 teams. They can play fast or slow and have improved as much as anybody throughout the year. -155 is actually a bad deal considering -137 I believe is available. Goats and buffet gambler said it better than me. however you can't get -115 or -120. I think -140 is a good bet and I do think you will see Louisville at -200 or better in the finals if they win easy today which I think they should. Sorry for the confusion and I deserve to be bashed on my first post.
    Definitely wasn't trying to bash you, sorry if it came out that way.