Betting Talk

Question about rules for MLB...

GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Sports Betting
Do I still have to follow using only the two websites you guys say you have to use to post baseball plays? I only use Bovada now, why can't I use their lines for MLB instead of using lines for a site I don't bet through? Doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT- No offense, but you can count spring training games in your record?

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited April 2013
    From the recordkeeping rules thread...

1. Use lines available at either Pinnacle or Bookmaker* AT THE TIME OF YOUR POST. If you got a better line earlier but could not post it, either use the current line or pass on posting that game. *NOTE: You may use 5Dimes for MLB since BM doesn't use a dime line, but please use the main dime line from 5Dimes, NOT nickel overnights.

And yes, you should count Spring Training into your baseball record (just as you should count NFLX into your NFL record).
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    TommyL wrote: »
    From the recordkeeping rules thread...

1. Use lines available at either Pinnacle or Bookmaker* AT THE TIME OF YOUR POST. If you got a better line earlier but could not post it, either use the current line or pass on posting that game. *NOTE: You may use 5Dimes for MLB since BM doesn't use a dime line, but please use the main dime line from 5Dimes, NOT nickel overnights.

And yes, you should count Spring Training into your baseball record (just as you should count NFLX into your NFL record).

Well, GL then guys. Looks like I can't post my plays here.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2013
    GooseSTL wrote: »

You can simply not keep a record if the 30 seconds or so it takes to check a free odds site like sbrodds.com is too much trouble for you.

Or, yes, you can choose not to post your plays here.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2013

Personally Goose I thing that's silly and it does make sense. So you use Bovada and pick-up an extra nickel here and there, yes I understand it adds up and don't you think some people bet better lines but post according to the rules. I bet the over nights at 5 dimes at better prices but my ''games are posted here according to the rules which I will repeat make sense. Jump in it's not big deal but at the very least think about it would love to have you input.

Then again you don't have to keep a record so post your plays according to the rules and don't keep a record. Hope to see you plays.
    edited April 2013
    Goats wrote: »
    You can simply not keep a record if the 30 seconds or so it takes to check a free odds site like sbrodds.com is too much trouble for you.

Or, yes, you can choose not to post your plays here.

Oh, so I can post my plays, just not keep a record?
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh, so I can post my plays, just not keep a record?

yes!!!
    edited April 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Personally Goose I thing that's silly and it does make sense. So you use Bovada and pick-up an extra nickel here and there, yes I understand it adds up and don't you think some people bet better lines but post according to the rules. I bet the over nights at 5 dimes at better prices but my ''games are posted here according to the rules which I will repeat make sense. Jump in it's not big deal but at the very least think about it would love to have you input.

Then again you don't have to keep a record so post your plays according to the rules and don't keep a record. Hope to see you plays.

I'm sure that happens, but I've never posted lines from a site I don't make my personal plays with. I'll try it out and see how it goes. Thanks broseph!!