Betting Talk

Quick review of my NCAA Tourney bad beats...

DubbsDubbs Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Sports Betting
Because my wife and kids don't seem to think it's a big deal.

I usually hit between 90-92% on all my bets, but had a couple bad beats this week:

1. Not a bad beat, but really Kentucky?

2. Not a bad beat, but really RAS, Hawaii? Just kidding, what a solid week!

3. Following 1st half trends of unders Thurs, Oregon/Ok State 1st half under 62. 61 points, Oregon ball last possession. Run the clock down to 3 secs, shoot an awful 3, airball. Oregon catches airball behind the backboard and windmills a layup at buzzer. Damn!

4. Miami vs Pacific 1st half under 57 - Miami holds for last possession with 54 points. Larkin throws alley oop with 6 secs left, misses oop but gets fouled. Makes both free throws. Pacific (who has scored 16 points in the 1st half) inbounds and hits a 3 at the buzzer, wow! Called DirecTV for a new remote.

5. Cincy +3 1/2, not a bad beat, but lost by 4, ugh!

6. Kansas/W.Kentucky over 61 1/2 1st half - Too may details to list, but had 61 points with 50 seconds left and both teams couldn't find their assholes from a hole in the ground. Called Panasonic about TV warranties.

7. Kansas/North Carolina under 77 2nd half - Back to Kansas who can't find their assholes. The worthless points scored in this 2nd half in which they scored the magic # of....you guessed it, 78.

8. Miami/Illinois, Miami -4 1/2 1st half - Miami up 5 holding last possession. 7 secs left, inlet pass to Doughboy. Instead of Doughboy thinking the ball is a doughnut, he thinks it's a salad and tosses a wide-open layup into the 2nd row. Illinois inbounds and goes the length of the court for a layup. FML! Called the cops to report a murder/suicide!

That was therapeutic, thanks for listening.

Comments

• TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Dubbs wrote: »
    I usually hit between 90-92% on all my bets

This has to be BW
  • mrwanker2umrwanker2u Member
    edited March 2013
    Because my wife and kids don't seem to think it's a big deal.

I usually hit between 90-92% on all my bets, but had a couple bad beats this week:.

Really? What happened the other 8 -10%?

Seriously , that's pretty good. I only hit 85%
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    mrwanker2u wrote: »
    Really? What happened the other 8 -10%?

Seriously , that's pretty good. I only hit 85%

Listen if you can't hit 90% you belong here so please leave.

Dubbs tongue in cheek :=) right
  • mrwanker2umrwanker2u Member
    edited March 2013
    That's why I'm here OT. To try to improve from that85% number. I don't post many plays because I assume most guys don't want to hear from an 85% picker. But I listen and learn, and I'm confident ill get to the 90% that others achieve. Thanks for your patience
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Since 1985 I'm hitting all sports at a 95.6% rate. However, since I started posting on this forum, I'm at 40%--- I think I'm intimidated by all the 90+% posters here.
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    6. Kansas/W.Kentucky over 61 1/2 1st half - Too may details to list, but had 61 points with 50 seconds left and both teams couldn't find their assholes from a hole in the ground. Called Panasonic about TV warranties.

That was therapeutic, thanks for listening.

I got one for you. I have under 127½ on Cin/Creighton The score is 54-56. with 1:42 remaining and 2 foul shots coming. I'm counting my winnings. Two foul shots made. No problem. Two missed FT's @ 53 seconds and the score is 54-60. Ok 4 pts in 50 secs. They need to score 14 pts in the last 53 secs. for me to lose. THEY SCORE 16!
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    u only hit 90-92%,hell time to pack it in,geta real job like at walmart
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Listen if you can't hit 90% you belong here so please leave.

Dubbs tongue in cheek :=) right

Just got back from Olympia Hills Golf Club, shot a 67! Thanks for the replies, except yours Snakehead, bad beat!

Yes OT, 90-92% is tongue in cheek. I actually had a run last week of 2 and 18 last week (variance!) and I didn't shoot a 67 either, I stopped counting my strokes at 67 on 12.