Betting Talk

Tuesday

BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
edited February 2013 in Sports Betting
Left Reno late Thursday night, drove south on 395 until I was too tired to drive. Pulled off to the side of the road somewhere north of Bishop and fell asleep in the back seat. Woke up and kept driving south, passed through Lone Pine, stopped in Ballarat for an hour, drove down to the Goler Wash Road and started hiking towards Death Valley. Found an abandoned camp for something called the Keystone Mine, four RVs and a few buildings that looked like they had been abandoned for about twenty years, there was a copy of the Better Homes and Gardens from May 1990 with Cybil Shepherd on the cover, and no other signs that anyone had lived there. Found enough wood to build a short fire and fell asleep on an old mattress in one of the buildings. Woke up and hiked around in a circle, talked to a couple from California that were camping in about the same place, hiked to the Barker Ranch and spent the next night there. Had only put six meals in my backpack, so headed back to the car, drove back through Panamint and made it to Furnace Creek about two hours later. Fell asleep on a chair next to the pool at the hotel, woke up and read a book for six hours. Got up and watched the Louisville game at the tavern there. Realized I missed gambling too much, so I drove to Pahrump and had to go to the Burger King to get wifi and find out who Tommyl had bet. Went to the Nugget and bet 330 on USC +7 1/2. Left town and started driving towards Vegas. Took Blue Diamond Road towards Red Rock Canyon and spent the night there. Woke up and headed to the Red Rock. Went to Barnes and Noble on Charleston and checked Wifi again and headed to the SunCoast. Bet 330 on Notre Dame +10 1/2 and made several calls from the payphone. None of my friends are around. Drove into downtown and checked Bettingtalk at the Plaza. TribecalledJeff likes the under in the Hofstra game, so headed to Fremont and got 330 down on under 118. Hadn't seen Allen the ticket writer in years, so wound up talking to him for more than an hour in between customers. Went to the free phone at the Golden Nugget and made more calls. None of my friends answer. Headed back to the Plaza to see if anyone else had posted anything useful.

Comments

• BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Par for the course for me that I apparently lost track of what day of the week it is.
    I also bet 714 Portland State -4 1/2 for a one weighter.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Bet a little Notre Dame +6 for the second half. Doubling down on a game where Notre Dame has all the momentum.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    TribecalledJeff likes the under in the Hofstra game, so headed to Fremont and got 330 down on under 118.

Glad you got 118. Nice hits on ND as well.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Glad you got 118. Nice hits on ND as well.

Thanks for two winners Tribe, I got lucky betting the Under 62 in the 2nd half of the Hofstra game. See if I can't repay with a couple of NBA total's tomorrow.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    OT, How'bout a comp for 4 to Stefano's or Lily Langtree? lol. Chef Fernandez was super @ Stefano's. I still see the old Chinese Maitr'd(Lilys) around.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    No Problem, Do they still play the soft music with the violins. Great Food "Try the veal it's the best in city" I gave many speeches in that restaurant during special events in the day time.