Betting Talk

VT - Rutgers

golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Sports Betting
Big line move this am in this game, any opinions.

Thanks

Comments

• nucoffenucoffe Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I have Rutgers +2 Huge move indeed down to Even now!
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah was -2 earlier this am ans was Rytgers -1 at one point, any injuries or something anyone know of?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    no just two shit teams that can't score if they started from the 25 yard line. The total is 41 in a college game with 2nd tier teams should tell you something. it's most likely a service bull shit pick -2 to -1/PK NO bigger to me. I wouldn't bet this game with counterfeit money anyway
    edited December 2012
    Maybe this will help you decide

It's Dr Bob and a Jim Fiest GOY and a couple of others

Here's a cut and paste maybe it will help you

VirginiaTech, with their 20th straight bowl season. However, it is hardly on par with their normal

standards, needing wins in their final 2 tilts to reach the "magical" 6-6 plateau.

And, altho they were DD favorites in those 2, they narrowly accomplished that

goal (30-23 OT win vs 2-10 BC, & 17-14, last-second win vs 4-8 Virginia).

Must-win" setups like that seems nice spots to unload with VT, but you would

have paid off on both occasions. By the way, their record ends a streak of 8

straight 10-win seasons for Beamer, & note playing in the Orange, Orange,

Orange, & Sugar Bowl 4 of the last 5 yrs. LY Hokies were led by RB Wilson

(1,627 yds: tops in ACC), with QB Thomas at 19/10. But this year, their

leading RB has a mere 486 yds, with Thomas their leader at 528 yds. And

he's just 17/14, 53% overhead, ranking 85th in the land. Defensively, they are

again solid: 24th in total & scoring, but a full 41 notches below LY's "O". The

Scarlet Knights of Rutgers are playing in their 7th bowl in the last 8 yrs, which

followed a 26-season drought. They've paid off in 5 of those previous 6 (18 &

13 pt covers in their last 2). They're led by QB Nova, who disappointed, down

the stretch; a 15/3 mark thru 1st 7 contests (all wins & #15 in the polls), before

finishing just 22/15. Right, 7/12 in that 2-3 windup, with RU at 52 RYpg in its

last 2 contests (both losses, costing Knights a BCS slot). RU ranks 14th, 4th,

11th in total, scoring, rushing "D", but just 102nd, 96th, 101st on "O" in those

columns. Difficult to believe that Hokies would be more appreciative of this

bowl slot than Knights, who are without Schiano on the sidelines for 1st time.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    LMAO thanks for the info Old Timer, love it, gonna save my $ too.
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    FWIW, Rutgers at +2 was very strong. They are the far superior team and I had them as the outright winner based on run defense alone.
    edited December 2012
    Lawboy wrote: »
    FWIW, Rutgers at +2 was very strong. They are the far superior team and I had them as the outright winner based on run defense alone.

I think you had to much Holiday cheer if you think Rutgers was very strong at +2 JMO
    Question are they still a very strong bet 1 point less from +2 to +1

far superior team
  • rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I agree with OT very good game to stay away - first year Rutgers coach Flood has had this team playing hard all season - I don't like the fact touts have Goy labels on Rutgers
    edited December 2012
    rcmoney wrote: »
    I agree with OT very good game to stay away - first year Rutgers coach Flood has had this team playing hard all season - I don't like the fact touts have Goy labels on Rutgers

Also first year bowl coaches usually don't do well. Yes it's trend or whatever you want to call it but before you say anything ask Fresno st and UCLA how they did.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Lawboy wrote: »

If you like them at +2, you'd better think they can win the game-- not much wiggle room.

fwiw-- these bowl games are not mountains--- you don't have to bet them just because they're there.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    no just two shit teams that can't score if they started from the 25 yard line. The total is 41 in a college game with 2nd tier teams should tell you something. it's most likely a service bull shit pick -2 to -1/PK NO bigger to me. I wouldn't bet this game with counterfeit money anyway

You called it O-T... This game gives football a bad name.
  • D300RageD300Rage Banned
    edited December 2012
    no clue why rutgers didnt kneel 3 times for overtime.....they would get to see the 25 yard line
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Coops wrote: »
    You called it O-T... This game gives football a bad name.

Agree great call
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    This game ruined my night... This game did give college football and bad name!!

Just venting a little bit tonight boys!!