Betting Talk

Need some survivor advice

JB531JB531 Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Sports Betting
My pool is down to me and one other guy for a $1,000 pot. I need some advice on what I should do this week. Here is the breakdown so far..

He's used / I've used
Ravens / Texans
Chargers / Bengals
Bears / Cowboys
Texans / Ravens
49ers / 49ers
Falcons / Falcons
Patriots / Patriots
Packers / Packers
Lions / Chargers
Steelers / Steelers
Cowboys / Broncos
Broncos / Bears
Jets / Bills
Seahawks / Seahawks

differences in bold

I'm almost positive he will be on the Dolphins (-7) this week. I have the Dolphins available, but I'm thinking I should use the Lions (-6) this week as they play the Falcons and Bears the next two weeks. He's already used Lions.

Say he's on Dolphins and they win and I take Lions, would you put money on the Cardinals at +6 to cover yourself in case they upset the Lions? Best case Lions win and dont cover the 6. Worst case Lions cover, you lose money on the +6 and eventually lose the survivor pool as well.. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    What if he doesn't use MIA?
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    The Miami game is three hours before the Detroit game and I will know who he has once his pick kicks off. He's been predictable by taking the highest favorite available which would be Miami for him this week
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I would let it ride out and select the team you want.
    Your downside example is just plan ugly
  • pokpok1616pokpok1616 Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I also need help with wk 15 survivor, so I'm pretty familiar with this week's matchups. I have lions as one of my difficult choices, too but not sold on them yet. It seems they always find a way to lose a winnable game and Arizona at home has tough defense. Since youre sure he'll use miami why don't u pick the same, not that they are a lock, and wait for a better spot in the next two weeks to have showdown with him. Unless Houston is available for u this week, I'd pick them over lucky Indy..