Betting Talk

Wisconsin opens -2 1/2 -110 vs Ohio State

namathfannamathfan Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Sports Betting
Huge Badger fan, but this line surprised me.

Thoughts??

Comments

• eatdust11eatdust11 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't think I'll wager anything on this game, but Ohio State at +3 (some places) is a little tough to pass up.. still, Camp Randall is a very tough place to play and the Badgers can run the football. The Buckeyes have been hot and cold this year... Ohio State is the better team, but they aren't perfect by any means.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    namathfan wrote: »
    Huge Badger fan, but this line surprised me.

Thoughts??

Surprised the shit out of me!!! I couldn't pass up OSU +3
  • wcf1214wcf1214 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    sounds like ohio state +9 is the first half of a good teaser
  • odiecabodiecab Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Going big on Ohio State. I have watched this Badger team all year and I am a big fan. They will not beat Ohio State. They are starting a below average QB against Ohio State and he is doomed! Badger QB passed for 41 yards against an Indiana defence that gives up almost 450 yards a game.
    edited November 2012
    this will the wisc qb's 2nd start and the strengh of osio state's defense is the front 7
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    wcf1214 wrote: »
    sounds like ohio state +9 is the first half of a good teaser

Please don't do this.
  • BigPermBigPerm Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    College teases never wise, but I've seen worse.
    edited November 2012
    tribe your saying teasers in college is a bad play,reserve only for nfl?
    edited November 2012
    wcf1214 wrote: »
    tribe your saying teasers in college is a bad play,reserve only for nfl?

Yes. There are VERY rare circumstances where I'd consider it, but in general "don't ever tease college or any total" is a good rule.

I'd consider it only if:

a) I'm going through 3 and 7
    b) I like the side to begin with
    c) The total is very low (30s or low 40s) which makes picking up 6 points more valuable than in a game with a higher total
    d) It's a game with a big betting limits and a big market, so that I know the market will hammer the line into place efficiently.

Even then, I probably wouldn't. But unless all of those things exist I wouldn't even think about it. It's an extremely rare game that fits all of those criteria. Wisconsin/OSU this week isn't one of them.
    edited November 2012
    ty another lesson learned
  • buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    take osu--Urban Meyer has targeted this game and despises bielema, he will want to run it up and keep foot down.
  • sideshowsideshow Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    They rushed for almost 600 yards, that's why he only had 7 attempts for 41 yards..
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    got wisky at 2.5 and very happy with it. Buckeyes are far from anything special so I love the fact that there are folks out there pretty much gauranteeing an OSU win.
    edited November 2012
    sideshow wrote: »
    They rushed for almost 600 yards, that's why he only had 7 attempts for 41 yards..
    I agree with this statement. However, my concerns for the Badgers is that OSU will "man-up press coverage" on the outside receivers and dare Wis to throw. Their total defensive focus will be to stop the run, and they have the personnel to be successful in that endeavor. As far as Meyer running it up on Bielema, the dislike is mutual and Wis will be focused. The Badgers have lost 3 games this year. 1) at Oreg St, 10-7, 2) at Nebraska 30-27 (where supposedly no visitor wins on Sat night, and 3) 16-13 to Mich St in OT, where a lot of things had to conspire at the end for them to lose, including losing their improving freshman QB on the 1st play of the 2nd half. Without the loss of Stave, I am quite confident that the Badgers would have won that game. So although I favor the Buckeyes as a dog I do ecpect it to be a close game. I actually thought Wisky might be getting 3-4 pts on this game and would have bet Wis if that was the case, but as a 3pt fave--then I feel that I should bet OSU, and primarily because of Wisconsin's (especially with Phillips at the helm) inability to pass the ball down the field
  • buck4493buck4493 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    OSU is by far the best football team in the conference. they destroyed the 1st place team in one side of big ten and mauled penn state on road who was the second best team in OSU's side. OSU certainly has faults but they also posess the leagues best player.

It will be a close game but osu getting points against anyone in this crap conference is reason to take OSU IMO. They'll stack up for the run and Wiskys qb isnt their typical solid QB to throw the ball down field.
    edited November 2012
    I see great value in the +130 moneyline for OSU
    edited November 2012
    14-0 might be a long day for the badgers
    edited November 2012
    Wisconsin outgaining OSU. That punt return could be the difference in the game.
    edited November 2012
    Wisconsin 356 yards to 211. Fumbled on goal line and allowed a punt return for a TD. Aside from those fluke plays, they are completely dominating this game.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Yards, much like CLV, don't count with ur bookie.
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    tough win,,,,,,,,,,,,,but aren't they all
    edited November 2012
    Coops wrote: »
    Yards, much like CLV, don't count with ur bookie.

All i can do is try to win both. The rest is mostly random.
    edited November 2012
    Wisconsin 356 yards to 211. Fumbled on goal line and allowed a punt return for a TD. Aside from those fluke plays, they are completely dominating this game.

I was at the game and from my perspective, the fumble on the goal line really made little to no difference in the final outcome of the game, because they did get the ball back and scored the tying TD + XP with 8 secs left. Had the Badgers not fumbled in that spot, scored, and tied the game, I believe they would have had a much better chance of losing in regulation than in ever getting the ball back and converting the winning score in regulation. Although, I did bet on OSU as stated earlier in this thread, I personally would have much preferred to see the Badgers win