Betting Talk

Vegas bachelor party for march madness

StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Sports Betting
So I'm having my bachelor party in Vegas opening weekend of march madness. Any suggestions for hotel to stay at? Some ppl arent CBB fans so id like to combine a good time with a decent sports book. Would like to keep price reasonable too. Thanks for any help/info.

Comments

• atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    No advice, but I'll be having mine in New Orleans the same weekend. Enjoy it man!
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    One of the most expensive weekends - Was there at that time last year - Was also St Patty's Day

That, Superbowl, NY Eve
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Atreat - you too

Okie - I figured, but gotta do it once in my life no better excuse!
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Very expensive...but I had a few friends go last year and they set up a room at the venitian for them for like 2k a day for 15 guys, so per person it wasn't too bad. You basically had to buy 2k worth of food and drinks each day.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    So I'm having my bachelor party in Vegas opening weekend of march madness. Any suggestions for hotel to stay at? Some ppl arent CBB fans so id like to combine a good time with a decent sports book. Would like to keep price reasonable too. Thanks for any help/info.

originalokie is telling you like it is. They kill you now with everything. Also if you want to watch the games your most likely going to stand the front rows are usually reserved for the year around players and especially if your a regular horse player there. But if you get there really early you'll most likely get something but early like 6am. Opening weekend is packed. It's a wild time
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Congrats to both of my friends; May you have a wonderful marriage and both of you "leave the ladies of the night" alone
  • DeanoDeano Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I love to stay at the Paris, well treated and classy without going overboard. But do gambling elsewhere like blackjack at Bally's next door. It really depends on your budget and if I were you I would start calling and talking to some places on the strip and see what they have to offer and prices and what you will get for that. Mention the number of guys and that it is a batch party. Friend had his at the Hard Rock, more drinking and partying that gambling though. Good luck guys, I with you the very best as you get hitched.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    One question, will you or any of the group be playing poker live or tournament even if it is for a very short period of time while out here? If so, let me know and I can probably get you a decent rate at one of the better hotels (throught the poker room managers I know) . Also, I know someone that you can contact that runs some pretty good bachelor parties etc. and is pretty well connected throughout the town, contact either Jeff or Jack @ lastcalllv.com Hope that you have the time of your life!! -R
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    TheReb wrote: »
    One question, will you or any of the group be playing poker live or tournament even if it is for a very short period of time while out here? If so, let me know and I can probably get you a decent rate at one of the better hotels (throught the poker room managers I know) . Also, I know someone that you can contact that runs some pretty good bachelor parties etc. and is pretty well connected throughout the town, contact either Jeff or Jack @ lastcalllv.com Hope that you have the time of your life!! -R

Thank you very much, probably not a lot of poker but I appreciate it. Should be a good year for your rebs
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    Thank you very much, probably not a lot of poker but I appreciate it. Should be a good year for your rebs

No problem, just let me know if you can't find anything that's reasonable and I can see what they can do even if you don't end up playing any poker.
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    arina hotel very nice room and cheaper
  • BarneyMillerBarneyMiller Member
    edited November 2012
    I'd look at location as key. I would consider Planet Hollywood or Paris. Both are across the street from the Cosmo which has a great day/night club, the Marquee. Harrah's is having construction next door. Mandalay Bay is at the end of the Strip. Venetian/Pallazzo rooms are expensive. Mirage is old. Caesars is nice, probably more than you want to spend. MGM is just damn huge. Hard Rock and Palms are great but off of the Strip. Aria is set way back from the Strip, our room there wasn't cheap. Wynn/Encore are nice but somewhat isolated and restaurants are high-priced (but good!).

Hope that helps!
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    downtown brother, cheap rooms even for march madness ,your only going shit shower and shave if that in the room , so why pay big bucks
    i always stay at nugget.
    like oldtimer said if your from the east though saving a table at 6 am shouldnt be a problem time wise, i was saving a table at 4 am and was totally drunk by the first game