edited October 2012 in Sports Betting
This number is absurd.

Comments

• pkrprodigypkrprodigy Member
    edited October 2012
    Giants +129 Ml for the sweep.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    The public will always believe in the due factor when in fact a team up 3 games to 0 will sweep a higher % then one might think. I forget the actual numbers. They did say it again last night. In reference to your absurd statement if you was a book what number would you make. I know if I was booking I would shade it to Detroit knowing even if I got some large bets on S.Fran the Squares would off set it. Every $100 bill in this town and others are betting Detroit not to get swept. I could heard the conversation now "They don't want to get swept at home in front of there fans"
    I'm not saying that they can't win this game but if I was betting it my money is on S.F.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I agree they've got to shade the Tigers, OT. But with Cain going for a team that's sizzling hot against a team that can't do anything right, can't score, has a starter with a sore shoulder and at the moment a terrible bullpen, I think this is a coin flip for Detroit at best. I gotta think this will get hammered down nearer to post.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    bumpo wrote: »
    I agree they've got to shade the Tigers, OT. But with Cain going for a team that's sizzling hot against a team that can't do anything right, can't score, has a starter with a sore shoulder and at the moment a terrible bullpen, I think this is a coin flip for Detroit at best. I gotta think this will get hammered down nearer to post.

I could be mistaken and I'm to lazy to look but didn't this open -125
    I agree that you would have to be crazy to bet the Tigers tonight just like you had to be crazy to bet the yanks in game four. But square money will. I just looked at a few books it was -135 which is high.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I could be mistaken and I'm to lazy to look but didn't this open -125
    I agree that you would have to be crazy to bet the Tigers tonight just like you had to be crazy to bet the yanks in game four. But square money will. I just looked at a few books it was -135 which is high.

It opened -135. I took a rouge +140. Might be a loser but I feel like I'm stealing something.