Betting Talk

BYU/Oregon State Question

StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Sports Betting
i got BYU -2.5, do you think its a good idea to try to middle with Oregon State +6 or let it ride? i put a max play on it (~10% of bankroll) figuring i could buy back any amount i wasnt comfortable with. not sure whether its smart to give up a 3.5pt advantage and try for the middle. thanks in advance for any help/advice

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Unless you think that Oregon St +6 is a good bet on it's own, then it's not a good strategy.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    TommyL wrote: »
    Unless you think that Oregon St +6 is a good bet on it's own, then it's not a good strategy.

most of the time you are correct but not this time

he put 10% of his roll which is way too much to let it ride
    edited October 2012
    most of the time you are correct but not this time

he put 10% of his roll which is way too much to let it ride

You have a good point, but I guess that's another story (although I'd be interested to hear what he defines as his "bankroll").
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    TommyL wrote: »
    You have a good point, but I guess that's another story (although I'd be interested to hear what he defines as his "bankroll").

thank you for the response. I am not sure if youre question is sarcastic or not, but i define my bankroll as the amount i am willing to lose on sports betting (assuming you know this). if youre asking the amount, that is private obv.
    edited October 2012
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    thank you for the response. I am not sure if youre question is sarcastic or not, but i define my bankroll as the amount i am willing to lose on sports betting (assuming you know this). if youre asking the amount, that is private obv.

I was being serious. If you're talking about betting 10% of an amount that, if you lost you'd never place another bet, then you've greatly overexposed yourself and shouldn't be making a play that big. If you're talking about 10% of what is in your account today, and if you lose it you'll probably just reup, then it isn't quite as bad.