Betting Talk

Didnt know Romo played for the bears.

BornWinnerBornWinner Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Sports Betting
Punk sucks

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    how about Des Bryant is a criminal who's in debt and a mother beater. And sends his cousins to the windows to bet the Bears so he can pay the shys before they chop his fingers off.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    All the talking heads keep swearing about this guy how good he is but I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong he's an NFL QB but for him to win a Superbowl they would need all the stars to line up perfectly. If all the young guns coming into the NFL stay healthy in two years you won't hear his or Cutler's name anymore.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Romo's situation reminds me of a line from the movie "The Replacements." Keanu Reeves character talks about his fear of "quick sand" and how in the National Title game, things kept going bad and he kept fighting harder and harder with his team on his shoulders. However, the harder he fought, the deeper he sunk until he couldn't move because he was in over his head. I swear that is Tony Romo for the Dallas Cowboys, especially last night. Running for his life, WRs missing assignments, they get down big, he tries to force things and make something happen, and the dam breaks wide open. Seen it quite a few times in his career. I like Tony, think he could be big time, but he needs help. He can't do it all by himself.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    At least 2, if not 3, of those picks aren't his fault. On top of that, the other 2 interceptions were in desperation time when everyone in the country knew they were throwing the ball. Tough game, but I definitely think the 5 interception bottom line is misleading. I don't see Romo as a Super Bowl winning QB, but people act like the Cowboys are a Pro Bowl team with one bad player (Romo), which just isn't the case. As for Dez Bryant, that was probably the worst 100 yard game I have ever seen. Bryant will never be able to focus enough to succeed in this league IMO. I really see him as one of those guys with insane potential who eventually is out of the league altogether because he could never get his head straight.
  • moneymikemoneymike Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I will say this in Romo's defense: He has the 3rd highest passer rating in the history of the NFL behind only Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers. He also has the 5th best yards per attempt in NFL history. Over last 3 full seasons, he has thrown only 9, 7 and 10 INTs. He is not nearly as awful as people make him out to be.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    He used to be a Pizziaole in Tijuana :)