Betting Talk

Refs!

golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Sports Betting
Man these refs today have been brutal with the slow downs of the game, please bring back the regular officials!

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    They had 5 reversals in one game that's insane. I think it was the Pitt/Oak they didn't make a call on the field they just said it was being reviewed. They're doing the best they can it's just the speed and the rules and everyone telling them their wrong and then after a while without the experience you lose confidence and really fuck up. They threw these guys to the wolves. I guess they will get better as time goes on because I don't thing the regulars are coming back soon. The owners are still making tons of money so it's not like they have to give in anytime soon.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    The NFL is cooking it's own Golden Goose with these replacement refs. Sad part is I heard today the anount they are seeking is like one tenth of one basis point of the total NFl revenue. Destroying "the shield" as Goddell would say for a very few dollars... so sad!
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited September 2012
    No such thing as bad publicity not a single nfl fan has quit watching, refs will eventually cave, it sure as heck won't be the owners giving in.
  • noelnoel Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Longer games more food concessions???????????????????? Refs are pretty sorry.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Not only that, think of all the people they have drove to drinking (more)
  • noelnoel Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    With the long games maybe they could beer until the middle of the 4th qtr:-)
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    To think we put Money on the outcome of these games that are being run by Refs that actually don't know the rules. I would like to think that during the week they continually read the rule book over and over. 5 reversals in one game is really bad so I think we're in for a long winter. Nothing will kill the NFL. At some point the Refs will be back but not on there terms.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Start a Ref league with younger guys that can keep up. Train all off season with classes videos and training and make it a real profession not a part-time job that some 60 year old Doctor or lawyer that gets up on a Sunday morning and Ref an NFL game. The players are bigger,Faster and stronger then ever before. Most of these Ref are just looking to get out of there way. 300lb guys running 4.6 40's is pretty sick.