Betting Talk

Tonight's refs

StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Sports Betting
Anyone else think the refs are letting defensive backs get away with a lot more contact? Might affect over/unders if you agree. I feel like because they aren't as good as the regular refs, these guys are letting them play.

Comments

• CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Head ref is an 8th grade teacher... We're lucky they are calling anything...

Did notice I don't think we've seen 1 offense holding call, that seems wrong.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Thats a good call. My theory doesn't seem to be affecting them in the second half haha
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Coops wrote: »
    Head ref is an 8th grade teacher... We're lucky they are calling anything...

Did notice I don't think we've seen 1 offense holding call, that seems wrong.

Think he's doing a great job and I think this is completely awesome. I'm guessing he had to take time off to do this game...wonder if he called in sick

As an 8th grader i would have gone nuts if my teacher was going to be the ref on the opening game of an NFL season.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Flag happy in the 4th quarter
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Maybe flag happy but replay shows them all to be good calls. Not the refs it is a pathetic Gaints D!
  • crazyivan24crazyivan24 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    cabster13 wrote: »
    Maybe flag happy but replay shows them all to be good calls. Not the refs it is a pathetic Gaints D!

To be honest, if the refs wanted they could call 'holding' on every play from scrimmage.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    There were holding calls made and IMO I really think they did a good job. They did let the receivers and D-Backs play a little. It was nice to see it reminded me a little of old time football when the players decided the game. I didn't see anything out of line that wasn't called. Good Job Refs. I'm sure they took the best they had out of all the replacements for opening night national TV so there's going to be problems but there always is even with the regular Refs. Now if we could get replacement Umps in baseball we would really be doing good.
  • MachineGunMachineGun Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    There were holding calls made and IMO I really think they did a good job. They did let the receivers and D-Backs play a little. It was nice to see it reminded me a little of old time football when the players decided the game. I didn't see anything out of line that wasn't called. Good Job Refs. I'm sure they took the best they had out of all the replacements for opening night national TV so there's going to be problems but there always is even with the regular Refs. Now if we could get replacement Umps in baseball we would really be doing good.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED the holding call they made on the 3rd and short that the cowboys ran off tackle to the left. Big play at that point in the game and it was an obvious hold. The "real" refs NEVER have the balls to make calls on "X and short" type plays.