Betting Talk

absolute poker

sunningdalesunningdale Member
edited September 2012 in Sports Betting
anyone have money at absolute poker. i had about 700 there and the site froze withdrawals about 4 months ago. now i cant even connect to the website. is my money lost?

Comments

• burgerburger Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Is this a level?
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I have 6 figures

(dead serious)
  • crazyivan24crazyivan24 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Absolute Poker has stopped paying since Black Friday which was nearly 1.5 years ago.
  • sunningdalesunningdale Member
    edited September 2012
    sorry to hear that. i did some research and it seems they have closed and have agreed to for return fund to US players accoding to attorney general Preet Bharara. i've heard nothing and am not holding my breath.
    edited September 2012
    There is indeed some work being done by the DOJ to obtain control of the remaining assets and to sell them. What they will be able to get for those assets and where the players will be on the payout chain is still unknown. The fact that many companies will be looking for customer list+software could help the sale with the legislation looming. Looks like a long road to a 5% partial payout if you ask me (unless Pokerstars has more indictments to get out of and buys the assets at full price).
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I have 6 figures

(dead serious)

not smart if true. Having that much in an online poker site is silly.
  • TeaserPlayerTeaserPlayer Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Stricknine wrote: »

maybe that includes the two figures to the right of the decimal point.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Stricknine wrote: »

Everything is relative. What if his net worth is several million? There are/were lots of online poker pros with 6 figures in their accounts. If you play nosebleed stakes, it's a necessity.

Be careful of sweeping generalizations.
    edited September 2012
    I don't see the need to brag about my exact poker winnings on this forum but ya let's just say I was not your typical low-stakes grinder. Good thing is that the whole saga made me discover sports betting, which is far more scalable.
  • burgerburger Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm calling BS on this one.
    I used to be a paid employee of UB/AP and I can tell you that very few (and I'm talking basically nil) had balances over 100k.
    High stakes players played at FTilt and PStars.

Since the GOD MODE cheating scandal about 5 years ago, anything above 1/2 and 2/5 NL and PLO was non existent at UB/AP.