Betting Talk

Insight on withdrawals.

mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Sports Betting
I was just looking for some insight on when most individuals withdraw some money out of their offshore accounts. I know it is a personal preference, but just wanted to see what are people's targets or reasons. Is it just a set time (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.). Is it a certain amount of winnings? (If so, is it a percentage or dollar amount). Is it just based off of your bankroll? Does withdrawal fees play into the decision? Or is it a spur of the moment? I am looking for advise or tips, since most of the time I wait too long (because I want to build my bankroll) and by the time I know it, my bankroll is depleted and I am back to square one. Thanks in advance for your contribution!

Comments

• MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2012
    Being honest with yourself, do you think you are a net winner overall, or what is your goal of betting (entertainment? earn money?).

Depending on this answer it could drive some of the future answers.
  • GoldenBearGoldenBear Member
    edited August 2012
    Could not have said it any better MikeRAS!
  • mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for your response! I am down, but that partially has to do with waiting too long to withdraw. I am looking to earn money on the side. I apreciate any advice and suggestions.
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2012
    Timing of your withdrawls won't affect your ability to win. Would be like saying I could be a winner at blackjack but I always leave the table at the wrong time.

If this is mostly entertainment I'd set marks that you will withdrawl at if you get to it beforehand and stick to it. But if your losing long term your going to end up depositing it again anyway.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    exactly mike. doesn't matter when you w/d your money if you are losing you will put it back into the account anyhow unless you w/d and decide to quit while your ahead but who knows how far you are behind from the past. GL in your future picks though!
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2012
    The last two posts sum up the situation IMO.
  • mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for your responses! I have to stick to my goal. I know tht it was a common sense question, but just wanted to get a feel of what others do. Thanks again!