SF +6.5
Cincy +6.5

Comments

• BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    eatingpopcorn.gif
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks, just gave you some line value :)
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    I think at square shops we may see 7 on the patriots but I'm not willing to take that chance. My number for that game is 3.5. If you can find a shop that allows you to buy 7 -120 even better
    edited July 2012
    Was +10(BOL, 5d, Heritage)
    edited August 2012
    Sea PK
    edited August 2012
    Indy +10 -112
  • TheHomerBoysTheHomerBoys Member
    edited August 2012
    Lumpy - you laid some horrible numbers man. What's your reasoning for taking Tennessee at +6.5 when they were 7 for months on end and will more than likely move back towards that come kick off. Same with San Fran........they were 7.5 for a very long time....

Could you explain a little more on why you would play these numbers at 6.5? And why you wouldn't consider buying to 7 or waiting?
    edited August 2012
    Lumpy - you laid some horrible numbers man. What's your reasoning for taking Tennessee at +6.5 when they were 7 for months on end and will more than likely move back towards that come kick off. Same with San Fran........they were 7.5 for a very long time....

Could you explain a little more on why you would play these numbers at 6.5? And why you wouldn't consider buying to 7 or waiting?

Pinnacle/CRIS never had 7.5 for san fran

If you could show me where Ten was +7 for months on end that would be great, CRIS opened at 6.5 and hasn't moved, pinny opened at 7 and within a day was at +7 -113

I never said I wouldn't consider buying to 7, if you can buy 7 for -120 I'd recommend that.

Currently beating the market on all 3 that have moved and Ten is still at 6.5, I'll take that.
    edited August 2012
    You'll never win if you only bet at pinny and cris....a ton of offshores had Tennessee +7 and I think it opened +7.5 at 5dimes....same with San Fran they were +7/maybe 7.5 a ton of accessible books.

All I'm saying is you really hurt yourself not playing at 7. Who plays 6.5 in the NFL???
    edited August 2012
    You'll never win if you only bet at pinny and cris....a ton of offshores had Tennessee +7 and I think it opened +7.5 at 5dimes....same with San Fran they were +7/maybe 7.5 a ton of accessible books.

All I'm saying is you really hurt yourself not playing at 7. Who plays 6.5 in the NFL???

Pretty bold statements here. This might shock u but some people might want to bet more then the limits I'm sure 5dimes had at open etc.
    edited August 2012

Also, I know you are new here but u can't post lines from 5dimes or any other book anyway. For all u know he played the 5dimes open
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2012
    worm33 wrote: »
    Pretty bold statements here. This might shock u but some people might want to bet more then the limits I'm sure 5dimes had at open etc.

Lumpy also likely mentioned Pinny/CRIS since our record keeping guidelines require all lines to come from only those two books and do not allow point-buying.

EDIT: Obviously was posting at the same time as worm33's above post.
    edited August 2012
    I thought you could post Bookmaker?

I'm not trying to be a douchebag and like Lumpy said the lines again moved in his favor. I think these are "good" bets but could've have been "awesome" bets at the best number of 7/7.5
    edited August 2012
    I thought you could post Bookmaker?

Bookmaker and CRIS are the same book. Bookmaker is for US, CRIS for non-US.
    edited August 2012

5dimes line history on NE/Ten

07/17/12 02:27:18am
    -7+05
    +7-25
    07/12/12 01:27:28pm
    -7+10
    +7-30
    06/27/12 09:42:58am
    -7½+20
    +7½-40
    05/26/12 11:44:07am
    -7½+15
    +7½-35

+6.5 -110 is roughly the same as those numbers, I also addressed some of your questions in post #4
    edited August 2012
    Well to be fully accurate...

On NE/Ten it opened at Pinny as +7 and sat there for 2 full months before it moved to +7 -122 (still better than +6.5 -110)....you couldn't get down in that 60 day period?

On SF/GB it opened at Pinny at +7 and was there for a full month, then moved to -115 then to 6.5 19 days later...

So yeah, you laid horrid numbers....esp when considering 6.5 to 7...5.5 to 5 would have been one thing....
    edited August 2012
    Well to be fully accurate...

On NE/Ten it opened at Pinny as +7 and sat there for 2 full months before it moved to +7 -122 (still better than +6.5 -110)....you couldn't get down in that 60 day period?

On SF/GB it opened at Pinny at +7 and was there for a full month, then moved to -115 then to 6.5 19 days later...

So yeah, you laid horrid numbers....esp when considering 6.5 to 7...5.5 to 5 would have been one thing....

You're overvaluing 7, but feel free to come in here 2 months after the thread was started and make comments.
    edited August 2012
    Oh you posted this June 28? That kinda makes it worse.......
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Did Contrarian become a member of the Homer Boys?
    edited August 2012
    I think post #14 told us all we needed to know
    edited August 2012
    Oh you posted this June 28? That kinda makes it worse.......

If you're truly concerned with how you're coming off in this thread as you mentioned in post #14, I'd consider letting it go.

Your posts are moving away from being constructive IMO.
    edited August 2012
    That's VERY offensive, Coops. He played a bad number IMO and i wanted to know why in the world you'd play 6.5 (-110) over 7 -104 to -117/20
    edited August 2012
    That's VERY offensive, Coops. He played a bad number IMO and i wanted to know why in the world you'd play 6.5 (-110) over 7 -104 to -117/20

Seriously? Because u can't buy points per the record keeping guidelines.
    edited August 2012
    Huh ? I'm not talking about buying points. Lumps had 2 months to bet those numbers then
    Bet 6.5 -110 like 5 days later. That's a horrible bet I'm sorry you'll never win doing that
    edited August 2012
    Huh ? I'm not talking about buying points. Lumps had 2 months to bet those numbers then
    Bet 6.5 -110 like 5 days later. That's a horrible bet I'm sorry you'll never win doing that

Yup a horrible bet, I made 4 bets, 3 have moved in my favor and the other hasn't moved. I'm pretty awesome but I'm not awesome enough to get the line at the apex every time, my apologies.

I'll subscribe to your thread because apparently you have this ability.

ETA: And I'll point out that I thought maybe the NE/Ten line would move back to 7 but I wasn't willing to wait, post #4 answers your question
    edited August 2012
    And also I'm sure every person who has the ability to beat the nfl was betting in April. I think there might be a few guys out there beating nfl that might pass on the 500 limit 5 dimes etc openers
    edited August 2012
    Holy crap, someone calls out a senior member for a bad bet and all of a sudden everyone's panties are in a bundle.

I told you they were good bets and I also said they would've been great if
    You pulled the trigger sooner.

And for the record my comment about using Bookmaker was to Lumpy using Pinny lines and not to Goats.
    edited August 2012
    Holy crap, someone calls out a senior member for a bad bet and all of a sudden everyone's panties are in a bundle.

I told you they were good bets and I also said they would've been great if
    You pulled the trigger sooner.

And for the record my comment about using Bookmaker was to Lumpy using Pinny lines and not to Goats.

So you called someone out for a bad bet but it was a good bet?
    edited August 2012
    worm33 wrote: »
    So you called someone out for a bad bet but it was a good bet?

He beat the movements, didn't he? Couldn't have smashed the movements if he was a little quicker.

Goats, how are posts like this constructive? Or the one about Contrarian? Let's not play favorites here....
    edited August 2012
    He beat the movements, didn't he? Couldn't have smashed the movements if he was a little quicker.

Goats, how are posts like this constructive? Or the one about Contrarian? Let's not play favorites here....

I'm done here, but u haven't been constructive from the start. I've never seen somebody post in another persons thread and tell them they suck. Who does that?