edited February 2013 in Sports Betting
relax OKC and they will while...

Comments

• ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited June 2012
    wut

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    OKC needs to relax is what I am saying and I think they will. 2H going to be the furthest thing from a mirror image of that 1H on both sides.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Gonna be a great 4th quarter.
    edited June 2012
    should be for sure coops. taylor made for OKC how they can change a game around in the 2H. KD hasn't even shown up yet in the 2H either...
    edited June 2012
    I'm on same side as you, I just worry about Westbrook. I saw on twitter that he resembles a dog before its neutered...so true
    edited June 2012
    westbrook got us back in this one damn near singlehandedly though in the 3Q. OKC such a better 'team' overall and hopefully they keep this up and continue to prove it.
    edited June 2012
    Durant has entered the building!
    edited June 2012
    best in nba. thrives under pressure when lebron is no where to be found??? love it...
    edited June 2012
    unreal 2H team this post season. if they win this series and championship, you would have to put this playoff run up there with the best of em. Great team to watch...
  • D300RageD300Rage Banned
    edited June 2012
    What is the formula for the perfect athlete?

Add 3 quarters of Lebron with 1 quarter of Tebow

BOOOOOOM
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited June 2012
    D300Rage wrote: »
    What is the formula for the perfect athlete?

Add 3 quarters of Lebron with 1 quarter of Tebow

BOOOOOOM

100% Nicklas Lidstrom
  • vegasconnxnvegasconnxn Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    i was getting tired of hearing everyone say that the series line was too high and how the heat had more horses...it's so obvious that the thunder are a superior team. also, tonight was a good example of why queen james cannot be considered the best player in the game...all you have to do is give him some space to shoot the jumper, and he will miss it 60% of the time. you can't give durant any room because he's a true shooter. the thunder are doing what the patriots did with the nfl...the athletic run and gun style is what teams will have to transition to if they want to compete.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited June 2012
    newcombe wrote: »
    best in nba. thrives under pressure when lebron is no where to be found??? love it...

30 points on 11-24 shooting, 7-9 at the line, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals. I guess he has to score 40 for it to be considered a good game.
    edited June 2012
    TommyL wrote: »
    30 points on 11-24 shooting, 7-9 at the line, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals. I guess he has to score 40 for it to be considered a good game.

Lebron is stat guy yes, doesn't mean shit to me. KD can't gaurd him so he will get his easy drives to the basket and it was nice to see sefalosha (spelling) make him work for his shot in the 2H. Lebron has zero killer instinct when the going gets tough and if you can't see that then you are watching a diff game or a huge fan of bron bron and are blinded by the light. Compare what KD did vs Lebron when they were needed most... its pretty obvious who the better player is IMO.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Lebron is stat guy yes, doesn't mean shit to me. KD can't gaurd him so he will get his easy drives to the basket and it was nice to see sefalosha (spelling) make him work for his shot in the 2H. Lebron has zero killer instinct when the going gets tough and if you can't see that then you are watching a diff game or a huge fan of bron bron and are blinded by the light. Compare what KD did vs Lebron when they were needed most... its pretty obvious who the better player is IMO.

Weird conclusion to make when you admit that KD can't guard lebron

Lebron is the better player and it's not close. He plays every position on the floor, DEFENDS every position on the floor and is probably the best defender in the league.

Durant is a shooter, he's fantastic and I'd love to have him on my team but defensively he's terrible.
    edited June 2012
    queen james can't shoot, but he thinks he can...let him fire jumpers all day...it's really that easy to beat him. shooting the ball is the simplest part of the game; if you can't do it you aren't great.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited June 2012
    queen james can't shoot, but he thinks he can...let him fire jumpers all day...it's really that easy to beat him. shooting the ball is the simplest part of the game; if you can't do it you aren't great.

So if he's not "great", how many players in the NBA are? How many guys would you take over him if you were starting a team tomorrow? What would you consider him? Slightly above-average?
    edited June 2012
    well said vegas and if lebron is so f'ing good defending then why was he wasting his time on perkins most of the night? lol, lebron is the best athlete for his size and speed and jumping ability but certainly not the best pure "basketball" player. just b/c you play every position on the floor, which he bitched like crazy when he had to play power forward that one game, doesn't mean all that much other than he is sized well and can handle the rock well. He takes some of the worst shots ever around theeh perimeter. he has zero ability to run a team too and when the going is tough again, he doesn't know how to seize the moment.
    edited June 2012
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Durant is a shooter, he's fantastic and I'd love to have him on my team but defensively he's terrible.

Also, you conclude that KD is simply a shooter? i believe he crammed on a few occasions and took the ball to the rack on lebron and just about eveyrone else they tried putting on him last night. cmon lumpy, if you think he is simply a shooter then your missing alot of whats happening on the court. He was the man bringing the ball up the court in the end last night too, thats 2 positions he plays then :)...
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    KD is a great scorer, but if you don't think Lebron is the best player in basketball then you're just flat out wrong. It's not even close.
    edited June 2012

On two-pointers away from the rim, Durant shot 43 percent this season on 9.7 attempts per game to LeBron's 42 percent on 9.6 attempts. Last year, James led KD in this category, 44 percent to 42 percent.

KD shot 38.7% from the arc this year, Lebron shot 36.2%.

Yeah, Lebron clearly can't shoot, right? He's also a far better passer and it's not even close defensively. Some of you guys are so brainwashed by the media trying to bring down Lebron that you're missing out on appreciating a once-in-a-generation talent.
    edited June 2012
    well said vegas and if lebron is so f'ing good defending then why was he wasting his time on perkins most of the night?

So that he could float and help out defensively. It was strategic, but I am not sure that I agree with it. I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't on KD for much of the rest of the series.
    He takes some of the worst shots ever around theeh perimeter.

Please see my comment to Vegas. He shoots the same percentage as KD, so either he shoots those horrible shots really well or KD takes the same bad shots. Sorry to ruin your observations with actual numbers.
    when the going is tough again, he doesn't know how to seize the moment.

Game 6 and 7 of the ECF don't qualify as the going getting tough? 30/9/4/4, including 7 in the 4th (that's not awful, it just looks horrible in comparison to what Durant did which was phenomenal) while Wade was busy playing hero-ball bogging down the offense in g1 of the finals is what ... wilting from the moment?
    edited June 2012
    So that he could float and help out defensively. It was strategic, but I am not sure that I agree with it. I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't on KD for much of the rest of the series.

Please see my comment to Vegas. He shoots the same percentage as KD, so either he shoots those horrible shots really well or KD takes the same bad shots. Sorry to ruin your observations with actual numbers.

Game 6 and 7 of the ECF don't qualify as the going getting tough? 30/9/4/4, including 7 in the 4th (that's not awful, it just looks horrible in comparison to what Durant did which was phenomenal) while Wade was busy playing hero-ball bogging down the offense in g1 of the finals is what ... wilting from the moment?

He sure is getting a free pass.
    edited June 2012
    tommy, i would consider him a "very good" player. i believe there are only 3 great players in the game today...durant, nash, and paul. going forward, curry and lawson have the potential to be one. queen james' job as a player should be to use his strength and athleticism to create the best shot possible for himself or his teammates. instead he takes many out of rhythm jumpers that bang off the side of the rim (another indication of a poor shooter) that hurt the offensive efficiency of his team. nash is now old so i wouldn't take him to start a franchise...i would definitely take durant and paul ahead of him...and i would be willing to take curry and lawson ahead of him as well since they are just starting to evolve and haven't nearly hit their peaks yet.
    jeff, "two pointers away from the rim" is very misleading...this takes into account all scoring in the paint from 5 feet away. let's try to find stats on shots 15 feet and beyond. queen is a better passer and defender, but it ends there.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    tommy, i would consider him a "very good" player. i believe there are only 3 great players in the game today...durant, nash, and paul. going forward, curry and lawson have the potential to be one. queen james' job as a player should be to use his strength and athleticism to create the best shot possible for himself or his teammates. instead he takes many out of rhythm jumpers that bang off the side of the rim (another indication of a poor shooter) that hurt the offensive efficiency of his team. nash is now old so i wouldn't take him to start a franchise...i would definitely take durant and paul ahead of him...and i would be willing to take curry and lawson ahead of him as well since they are just starting to evolve and haven't nearly hit their peaks yet.
    jeff, "two pointers away from the rim" is very misleading...this takes into account all scoring in the paint from 5 feet away. let's try to find stats on shots 15 feet and beyond. queen is a better passer and defender, but it ends there.

Did Kobe (5 rings carry a team on his back) Bryant retire? I would correct Tribe and say "twice-in-a-lifetime" generational player (currently playing)...just sayin, nobody has mentioned Kobe as one of the greats still playing...again just sayin... :-)
    edited June 2012
    queen is a better passer and defender, but it ends there.

Given that their true shooting percentages (includes FT and 3s) are virtually identical, and your admission of Lebron's superiority in passing and the not-so-small matter of defense, I can now totally see why you'd prefer Durant over Lebron. Thanks.
    edited June 2012
    My own 2 cents, if im starting a team tomorrow i take durant 1st. think he will go down as one of the greats.

Right now I can get Heat @ +220 to win series, if they lose game 2, anyone have any idea what that will grow to?
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    He sure is getting a free pass.

No shit
    edited June 2012
    kass101 wrote: »
    No shit

Chalmers and Battier both played fantastic last night....anything...anything from wade and it's a different game.
    edited June 2012
    Wade has been awful.