Betting Talk

SA to win title

lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
edited June 2012 in Sports Betting
I'm seeing a few shops at +100, -110, etc(bookmaker -150 typical crazy hold % on a bookmaker future)

I think the price here is way off. Admittedly I'm late to the game, they were 2-1 before the WCF and the hype machine is starting to get out of control(millman podcast yesterday) with the current win streak but I still think the line is low.

I'd put spurs -160 vs miami

5dimes currently has -105

Maybe tomorrow is the better time to play this hoping OKC wins tonight but if that happens I'll just buy more.

Comments

• NBA GuruNBA Guru Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I absolutely agree here. Barring any major injuries on SA they are very likely to win the title this year. Even money is a gift.
  • tribecalledjefftribecalledjeff Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    -160 seems high to me for SA. I'd go more in the -130 range. It'll be interesting to see where that comes out, I've seen predictions all over the board.
  • NBA GuruNBA Guru Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I'd put it at -150, absolute minimum.
  • 60feetheat60feetheat Member
    edited May 2012
    I make sure they beat OKC first, if anyone cares I dont think they will win a game in Oklahoma, but we will see.
  • dingleberrysdingleberrys Member
    edited May 2012
    you guys are missing the money here! CELTICS +3000 - cant beat that!
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Hmmm guessing we'll see a better line today with SA's loss last night. I need to somehow resist adding more to this bet
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't think you'll see much change. It's one game. I'd be shocked to see much move at this point.
    edited June 2012
    hotbustop wrote: »
    I don't think you'll see much change. It's one game. I'd be shocked to see much move at this point.

damnit spurs +130 now(5dimes)

+123 pinny
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    JMO but if I was going to bet the Spurs to win it all I would wait Until OKC beats them again in game 4 this has 7 written all over it. Also I wouldn't under estimate the Heat in the Finals. Good Luck with the Spurs.
    edited June 2012
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    JMO but if I was going to bet the Spurs to win it all I would wait Until OKC beats them again in game 4 this has 7 written all over it. Also I wouldn't under estimate the Heat in the Finals. Good Luck with the Spurs.

I was thought I was the only one not ready to crown they ass yet. I agree with ya regarding 7 games, and I also feel like the Heat are getting overlooked a bit here.

Good luck to the Spurs backers.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    i dont think the heat are overlooked. I think they are overhyped still. getting through the eastern teams shouldn't be much trouble once the bulls went down with injuries. the west is so far superior its not even funny. they beat up on each other and then show up for the finals ready to knock off one more team this year whether its SA or OKC winning it all. Never will be sold on the Heat and i truly think that lebron never wins a ring there with this team. JMO...
    edited June 2012
    newcombe wrote: »
    i dont think the heat are overlooked. I think they are overhyped still.

9-4 ATS in the playoffs. Small sample, obviously, but it doesn't suggest overhyped to me.

SA getting all the love, Miami catching all the hate.
    edited June 2012
    as i said, they are playing teams in the east they should beat and beat pretty easily, especially if they are so good; just MO though. If things were done correctly then the nba playoffs would take the best 16 teams in the nba so more of the Western teams would be involved. Makes much more sense.
    edited June 2012
    newcombe wrote: »
    as i said, they are playing teams in the east they should beat and beat pretty easily, especially if they are so good; just MO though. If things were done correctly then the nba playoffs would take the best 16 teams in the nba so more of the Western teams would be involved. Makes much more sense.

Yes obviously they're winning straight up, but they're 9-4 vs. the spread. If the market overvalues them, that's not likely to happen.
    edited June 2012
    i see what you are saying in regards to that tribe. i just think its too easy for wade or james to be a bit off and that can't happen for them to win a ring against either west team. too much fire power and defense on the western teams. Wade can't have 2 points in the first half like he did in game 2 of this series and have a chance in a game vs SA or OKC.
    edited June 2012
    uh oh
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    uh oh

I concur
    edited June 2012
    'overhyped' Heat getting taken down at home last night was classic. Lebron's rant of winning not 3, not 4, not 5... will they even ever win 1? its yet to be seen. I just hope the celts close it out tomorrow as they deserve this series; albeit they will get clobbered in the finals IMO.
    edited June 2012
    It feels special to bet on a team that's gone 14-0 in the playoffs and then watch them not win another game
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited June 2012
    Painful thread
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    spurs a good team but okie is unstopable. whoever they play they will win easy.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Lol. Sounds like we were saying the exact opposite thing before the series! This will conclude my nba season. Gl all
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    Lol. Sounds like we were saying the exact opposite thing before the series! This will conclude my nba season. Gl all

I hear you, after 30 years I should know better you don't win playing nba..gl
  • 60feetheat60feetheat Member
    edited June 2012
    See earlier post. I was not, my thought was as great as the Spurs are they would not win a game in Oklahoma,that crowd is like a college campus crowd. Congrats..only wish E Maynor could have been playing,but injuries part of the game.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited June 2012
    60feetheat wrote: »
    I make sure they beat OKC first, if anyone cares I dont think they will win a game in Oklahoma, but we will see.

Nice call 60!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Contrarian wrote: »
    Nice call 60!

ditto