Betting Talk

Arena Football Betters Big News

GatorsLeafsBGatorsLeafsB Senior Member
edited March 2012 in Sports Betting
Some of you might remember I do stuff for an arena football team and you can tell by what city Im from. The Orlando Predators players are more than likely going on strike for tomorrows game. Might be using replacement players.

Will update later

Comments

• chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks, please update on any news you might have. Read about this earlier this week. Been handicapping this league for past few weeks but of course it
    goes to file 13 until regulars are back if replacement players play.
  • GatorsLeafsBGatorsLeafsB Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Replacement players have been practicing since Wednesday night. Im trying to get a hold of some of the players to find out whats going on. Will keep you guys up to date
  • GatorsLeafsBGatorsLeafsB Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Latest updated

Players are serious and they want it resolved before they play. The Predators Office has fielded two complete teams for both squads tomorrow. The Predators will win this game either way but if Replacement players play, Preds will win big due to they got the best people on their replacement team.

I like the Predators -5.5 for the game ALOT.

Orlando opens the season as #5 in the polls where Pittsburgh is unranked. Orlando is going through a coaching change. Preds defense is almost as the same as last year when they were a Top 5 Defense. The offense is where things changed. Drafts is back at QB where he started the 2nd half of the year. TT Tolliver is back but that is it. Brought in top WR Dwayne Eley so Unders will be good bets this year as well.
  • natasnatas Member
    edited March 2012
    what's the latest...my guy has the line up...still at -5.5..
    edited March 2012
    No news as of. Might not know until right at kick off, and I would bet the announcers for NFL network will not mention it!
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    my local has -4.5
  • FairWarningFairWarning Member
    edited March 2012
    Are there key numbers in AFL?
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Are there key numbers in AFL?

For totals 136 and 174
    edited March 2012
    Looks like we will indeed have replacement players tonight. I took the under when I heard that as I do not see how these teams will reach 100 pts with scrubs players. Just my take.
    edited March 2012
    chuckh wrote: »
    Looks like we will indeed have replacement players tonight. I took the under when I heard that as I do not see how these teams will reach 100 pts with scrubs players. Just my take.

U like a side also?
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    chuckh wrote: »

Is this just the Orlando players going on strike or is the whole league going on strike and what is the issue they are disputing?
    edited March 2012
    LOL How can I like a side not knowing who the hell is even playing. I am just taking the under blind hoping these scrubs do not know rules, no stunting, jack linebacker inside the box, which linebacker can blitz and which one can't, motion rules on offense. Think we see a ton of penalties tonight. How can the qb's be in sinc with their receivers? This league is not designed for teams to run the ball, and remember teams do not punt in this league.
    edited March 2012
    From what I have heard the whole league is on strike over medical benefits and pay. Pay is $400 per game for most players qb's get around $1,200 game.
    edited March 2012
    I am off this bet! Some players crossing line. Friend at game in Orlando text me and said qb for Orlando, Drafts is ON THE FIELD!
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I bet ORL at -4.5
    edited March 2012
    I took money line...
    edited March 2012
    well obviously I should not have gotten off the under, will be very surprised if these teams score 60 pts.
    edited March 2012
    I hope some of you are watching this arena game. really pretty unreal, orl is calling out pitt for cheating because they agreed to only allow 5 regular players and pitt now has 9 regulars playing as they are crossing picket lines mid game
    edited March 2012
    Is Orlando going to win?
    edited March 2012
    not sure coops 8-6 pitt but they have more regulars in game than orl
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited March 2012
    By the 2nd QTR Pitt had much of their starting offense on the field even though they agreed to only use 5 total players. Haha. What a wild night. Players were crossing the strike lines mid game as it was going.
  • tiptontipton Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    In the game summary on arena football.com there is no mention of replacement players...lol.

Truthfully what these players are being paid is a joke
    edited March 2012
    strike is officially over. All players will play all games. this according to www.arenafan.com I will give my 2 cents whenever BM puts out these games today. Mike would be interested on your take also. Thanks