Betting Talk

RAS No Final Four Tourney Handicapping Package??

wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Sports Betting
No more picks even for the Tourney? That sucks.
Even though it's tough to pick winners in the Tourney, it still fun to play, win or lose.
A few years back you seemed to do pretty well on the Tourney picks.

Comments

• buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    At least hook it up with some free plays on here :)
  • mlbomlbo Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    maybe someone bought his picks privately. I can't understand why else he may have stopped.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Maybe because of the additional significant time and effort of running such a reputable and consistely high performing service. Hard to believe, but maybe its that simple. As we already know, he hasn't stopped playing games, just running the service. And I may be wrong, but isn't there an update march 1?
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited February 2012
    I wish I had a simple explanation, but a lot of different factors, both personal and business related, led us to the decision. Overall I think covering just the first 10 weeks of CBB is a good model for the service going forward.

The service will be back for the first half of 2012 CFB and the 2012-13 CBB Sweet Spot. There is a good chance we'll do WNBA in May too.
  • mlbomlbo Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    does business related mean you are selling picks to a specific group?

does personal mean you were working too hard?

Is there any way you could expand upon your reasons?

thanks as always for running a great service--shame you won't be offering tournament picks.
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited February 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »
    I wish I had a simple explanation, but a lot of different factors, both personal and business related, led us to the decision. Overall I think covering just the first 10 weeks of CBB is a good model for the service going forward.

The service will be back for the first half of 2012 CFB and the 2012-13 CBB Sweet Spot. There is a good chance we'll do WNBA in May too.

I would love a format similar to the release system you used for CBB.
    edited February 2012
    mlbo wrote: »
    does business related mean you are selling picks to a specific group?

does personal mean you were working too hard?

Is there any way you could expand upon your reasons?

thanks as always for running a great service--shame you won't be offering tournament picks.

We charge a lot of money for the service, and we have established very high standards and expectations for it. Maintaining those standards and expectations requires huge commitment and sacrifice from an entire team of people, and their families. We weighed all of the pros and cons and decided it was not in our best interest personally or professionally to continue the CBB service beyond Jan 15th. It is as simple as that. It is going to take some getting used to, just like ending CFB early and no longer doing the bowls did, but in the long run I believe it is a solid model.
    edited February 2012
    We don't have any kind of private service either, but even if we did it wouldn't be discussed publically.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited February 2012
    Interesting....

I am only thinking out loud here...

I wonder if coming off a losing year plays into the strategy ? Reassuring the community that you are still one of the best at this by stopping while you are at a nice winning percentage and positive units vs. improving a few percentage points and some units versus losing percentage and units and not finishing the year on a high note. (Basically saying it is a Marketing decision.)

Not doing the Tourney is like ordering a Hot Fudge Sundae and saying "No Whipped Cream, nuts, or cherry for me please, I am on a diet."
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Surely hope you are kidding
    edited February 2012
    It really just comes down to prioritizing time. We end CFB early not because we don't think we can win the last half of the season, but because we think our time is much better spent preparing for and handicapping CBB. Now we are ending CBB early because we want to spend time elsewhere, whether it be with our families, taking care of our health, and/or persuing other opportunities that are not available to us when the service is active. Selling picks is not the only way to monetize sports handicapping information and opinions.

Clients who follow the service have to make considerable effort and sacrifice as well. It is not always a walk in the park to get our release lines on a consistent basis. This is something we are very aware of. It can all easily be justified from both ends during the "Sweet Spot" period with so many great opportunities out there, but it becomes a tougher equation later in the season.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Clients who follow the service have to make considerable effort and sacrifice as well. It is not always a walk in the park to get our release lines on a consistent basis. This is something we are very aware of. It can all easily be justified from both ends during the "Sweet Spot" period with so many great opportunities out there, but it becomes a tougher equation later in the season.

I think that is a fantastic point. Following the service is work, and can be very stressful and time consuming, because your service is so well respected among the books. Weekends are especially stressful sometimes, waiting on release times. Also, for lazy guys like me who like to sleep in on weekends, I am not crazy about getting up early for the side releases, lol. Best of luck, and thanks for all you do Edward.
  • TwoninerTwoniner Member
    edited February 2012
    Also agree on energy put into the 2half of the season. Maybe you are leaving something on the table, but so often good cappers tread water or give a little back. If you factor in possibly being fresher, more prepared for the next sport/season, it's not out of the question you are looking at more units won overall with less hours.
  • InsiderInsider Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    Maybe because of the additional significant time and effort of running such a reputable and consistely high performing service. Hard to believe, but maybe its that simple. As we already know, he hasn't stopped playing games, just running the service. And I may be wrong, but isn't there an update march 1?

Don't be naive.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    The less time you HAVE to work...the better. makes sense to me. If you dont HAVE to....why do it??

Good for you Ed, you do a good job and are a solid enough guy to even answer questions that are personal in nature (working against not working).

i will say...i would not be mad at all if you released WNBA plays for free again.....
  • Ducksfan2011Ducksfan2011 Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    what kind of pricing would the WNBA package entail edward? since it is much more a niche market than mens basketball would it be considerably cheaper?
    edited February 2012
    what kind of pricing would the WNBA package entail edward? since it is much more a niche market than mens basketball would it be considerably cheaper?

It isn't something we have discussed at length yet, but probably something like 895-995 for the first 8-10 weeks of WNBA.
  • Ducksfan2011Ducksfan2011 Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    thats very reasonable. played alot of the free plays on twitter last season and did well. thanks