Betting Talk

Bookmaker Coin Flip Prop

MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
edited February 2012 in Sports Betting
I am a big bookmaker/CRIS fan and the way they run their shop. The fact they are doing what they do in the pro manner they do it in the US with the current climate gets a huge thumbs up from me.

Have to say though I would hope we could reduce the VIG on the Super Bowl coin flip prop. -115 juice for a coin toss is ridiculous!

Comments

• TommyTTommyT Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    MikeRAS wrote: »
    I am a big bookmaker/CRIS fan and the way they run their shop. The fact they are doing what they do in the pro manner they do it in the US with the current climate gets a huge thumbs up from me.

Have to say though I would hope we could reduce the VIG on the Super Bowl coin flip prop. -115 juice for a coin toss is ridiculous!

Why should they? Tons of bettors will play just to get action from the start.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree, tails never fails!
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2012
    I dont mind when books defend themselves against games/props that are beatable. Its not their job to hand out money. But something like this is a tax on the dumb donks who don't know any better. Sure they can get away with it, just doesn't seem right. -110 each way would be wrong imo too.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    -120 with my local...

Tails never fails
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Got HEADS -101 5Dimes and they don't show the coin flip. Still waiting for 5Dimes to grade it.
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2012
    Bookmaker now at -103 each way, thumbs up.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2012
    MikeRAS wrote: »
    Bookmaker now at -103 each way, thumbs up.

They were waiting for the market to pound the number into shape.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I heard Edward was releasing Heads -105 on the countdown timer. LOL.
  • Raceany1Raceany1 Member
    edited January 2012
    Betonline.com has heads/tail +100. No juice.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Back in the day, Intertops used to have one side at +105 as a small promo ($50 limit).
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Anyone else remembering hearing on the telecast of last yrs game that heads has come out a bunch of yrs in a row?? Or am I misremembering?
  • ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Anyone else remembering hearing on the telecast of last yrs game that heads has come out a bunch of yrs in a row?? Or am I misremembering?

It's been heads the last 3 years, prior to that it was tails 9 times in an 11 year period (useless info, I know...)