Betting Talk

I hate seeing Penn State get blown out...

odiecabodiecab Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Sports Betting
Not!!

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    so far their offense is worse than ever... I am not going to say too much though as I expect much of the same from the huskers today :)...
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    4 straight 3 and outs

QB is complete garbage
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited January 2012
    helmut wrote: »
    4 straight 3 and outs

QB is complete garbage

5 star coming out of HS... "Whoops" - Rivals.com Talent Evaluators
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    PSU is a dumpster fire
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    The line moves all still wrong....doesn't bode well for Wisc
  • jaanisjaanis Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Jinx post...I can feel it. It all seriousness Houston would be up 28 nothing at least. They need to finish drives, but if PSU offense continues like this it wont matter.
  • DegenGamblerDegenGambler Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    hope they lose 1000-0
    edited January 2012
    hope they lose 1000-0

They won't lose by that much but the zero looks spot on at this point.
    edited January 2012
    Special teams TD
    edited January 2012
    Houston hasnt done shit since this post was made. I hope the kinx is not in. Please no.
    edited January 2012
    lovely wide open td there...
    edited January 2012
    Houston still not able to put this team away. Should not be close at all.
    edited January 2012
    brutal change of eventts there after houston didn't pick up the fumble but I am sure we will see a little more keenum magic.
    edited January 2012
    From Houston missing an easy fumble recovery to next play TD for PSU, LOLOLOLOL. Houston we have a problem...now.
  • jaybiz773jaybiz773 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    horn wrote: »
    5 star coming out of HS... "Whoops" - Rivals.com Talent Evaluators

:clap: :laughing:
  • nyjets1464nyjets1464 Banned
    edited January 2012
    this program will be cursed forever, everyone of these football players even knew what was going on with this guy!
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    nyjets1464 wrote: »
    this program will be cursed forever, everyone of these football players even knew what was going on with this guy!

Coaches? yes most likely, but the players??? Most were in grade school.
  • Coast2CoastCoast2Coast Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    More likely he WAS a 5* talent but horrible coaching by Jay Paterno has made him into a marginal talent. JoePa isn't the first dad to give a job in the family business to his kid that he didn't deserve and then the business declined. If his daddy hadn't been the coach, Jay would have been a lawyer somewhere.
  • Coast2CoastCoast2Coast Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    You can trace the decline of the PSU offense to Paterno being named "co-offensive coordinator". After proving to be a failure, who would hire him as a coach?

But for the defense to suck like this is a surprise. Which tells us one of two things -- either Bradley can't coach worth a damn against passing teams like Houston or more likely, the players quit on him and perhaps don't want him to be the coach. Either way, he needs to be gone too.

The question is who would want this job? You have to replace a legend and inherit a team that has had lousy offensive coaching from a lawyer and a defense that quit on their coach and team. The idea they would get an NFL coordinator or a proven college coach to take over this misfit situation is pretty hilarious. More likely they will get some guy from a lesser program or somebody who is one year away from getting fired in his current job. And you have an alumni base that just adds to the problem by defending JoePa and wanting the insider Bradley to get the job. The alums likely won't be happy if an outsider comes in. No good coach of a major program with job security would want to step into this kind of situation, would they?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2012
    You can trace the decline of the PSU offense to Paterno being named "co-offensive coordinator". After proving to be a failure, who would hire him as a coach?

But for the defense to suck like this is a surprise. Which tells us one of two things -- either Bradley can't coach worth a damn against passing teams like Houston or more likely, the players quit on him and perhaps don't want him to be the coach. Either way, he needs to be gone too.

The question is who would want this job? You have to replace a legend and inherit a team that has had lousy offensive coaching from a lawyer and a defense that quit on their coach and team. The idea they would get an NFL coordinator or a proven college coach to take over this misfit situation is pretty hilarious. More likely they will get some guy from a lesser program or somebody who is one year away from getting fired in his current job. And you have an alumni base that just adds to the problem by defending JoePa and wanting the insider Bradley to get the job. The alums likely won't be happy if an outsider comes in. No good coach of a major program with job security would want to step into this kind of situation, would they?

While Tom Bradley is a great guy, I know very few PSU fans that want him to get the job. Under different circumstances, he would have been my choice, however they need to move in a different direction right now.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2012
    More likely he WAS a 5* talent but horrible coaching by Jay Paterno has made him into a marginal talent. JoePa isn't the first dad to give a job in the family business to his kid that he didn't deserve and then the business declined. If his daddy hadn't been the coach, Jay would have been a lawyer somewhere.

He was the #2 QB in Michigan his senior year and a very close #2 to Devin Gardner who is at Michigan. I thought Bolden was going to be a stud. I saw him in high school and I can say, this doesn't look like the same kid. He could make all the throws a little mechancial but very fixable. The only difference I saw between him and Gardner was I thought Gardner saw things before they happened and he reacted after they happened, but again, young QB coming to college, fixable. Gardner was always a big team player and Bolden always was a little ?? when it came to him vs team type things and it has played out a little at Penn St but I never would have expected that he would be this bad. With the normal Penn St running game, I thought he would thrive in that system.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I was listening to the last couple of minutes of the game in my car on XM Radio. They had PSU announcers on and they could not believe that the coaches did not use their last two timeouts with 2:40 to go to try to get back in the game. Kinda bad when the homer announcers were totally trashing the PSU coaches for giving up. I had Houston over 31.5 TT and totally got screwed by the Cougs with two missed FG's and a really flat 2nd half.
    edited January 2012
    cabster13 wrote: »
    I was listening to the last couple of minutes of the game in my car on XM Radio. They had PSU announcers on and they could not believe that the coaches did not use their last two timeouts with 2:40 to go to try to get back in the game. Kinda bad when the homer announcers were totally trashing the PSU coaches for giving up. I had Houston over 31.5 TT and totally got screwed by the Cougs with two missed FG's and a really flat 2nd half.

Steve Jones and Jack Ham are usually two of the biggest homers you could ever hear. Everyone on the PSU boards was shocked that they were that critical of the coaches.
    edited January 2012
    StevieY wrote: »
    He was the #2 QB in Michigan his senior year and a very close #2 to Devin Gardner who is at Michigan. I thought Bolden was going to be a stud. I saw him in high school and I can say, this doesn't look like the same kid. He could make all the throws a little mechancial but very fixable. The only difference I saw between him and Gardner was I thought Gardner saw things before they happened and he reacted after they happened, but again, young QB coming to college, fixable. Gardner was always a big team player and Bolden always was a little ?? when it came to him vs team type things and it has played out a little at Penn St but I never would have expected that he would be this bad. With the normal Penn St running game, I thought he would thrive in that system.

At this point, it's all between the ears with Bolden. Those that have seen every practice the last two years have said that he was more decisive with his reads during fall camp before his freshman season than he is today. I hate to say it, but I don't think it'll ever click for him. He's a pretty passive, laid back guy, and just doesn't seem to be the type of guy to lead a team at QB. He and McGloin are polar opposites, as Matt thinks he can fit a ball in anywhere, while Bolden is afraid to throw a ball if the WR isn't wide open. I was almost happy that he finally threw a few picks today by throwing into coverage, it was about time he at least put the ball in the air down field.