Betting Talk

Dude..

golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Sports Betting
I guess he finally got frustrated with all the ragging and slowed down or quit, like one post in the last week, was posting daily, hopefully Contrarian and Tribe are happy.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Wish you all a bunch of winners!

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited December 2011
    While it is possible if not likely that Contrarian and Tribe contributed to The Dude's decision to stop posting, he indicated something else (which will remain private) as being the reason to me.

As far as I know, he has stopped posting on other forums as well.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Either way, very unfortunate, a great contributor to the board with invaluable info, but usually the way it works. Wish him much success in his future and thanks for sharing while you did.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to see him go too.

Not that either is the case here, but generally speaking it is usually as much the fault of the poster who left than it is others who may be seen as running him off.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2011
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Sorry to see him go too.

Not that either is the case here, but generally speaking it is usually as much the fault of the poster who left than it is others who may be seen as running him off.

Well said.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you can start contributing your own plays to the board now, gg.
  • EuroSportsEuroSports Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about others, but posting certainly takes time. Double checking the line is current (after I make my plays on it of course), updating records, small writeups sometimes, etc.....time consuming. When you are doing this semi-pro, or at least as an income supplement, as well as finding time for tax/accounting work, and kids, etc....time is at a premium. When the board becomes more of an aggravation than a positive, that stops it for me (or at least it did at SFW a few years ago). It just isn't worth doing something that will just piss you off more than not. That hasn't happened here, and hopefully it will not, as this seems like a decent board. Goats always seemed like a good guy over at SFW, so hopefully he keeps everything in check here! BTW...Dude also always struck me as a good guy as well, with great info. I don't know all that happened here, but I am kind of glad I wasn't around for the start of whatever argument there was. That would have popped into the category above (aggravation). I know I have done more positive from his info than not, but no exact numbers. His golf plays were second to none, and some decent other plays, that I either chose to follow or not based on his short writeups.

No more on that now...I don't want to start any other grief in a thread. I only speak from personal experience.